PDA

View Full Version : who has kids that ride near VA?

4punksdad
01-01-2003, 02:29 PM
"Mud Monsters Racing Series"
My sons and I have decided to start our own small racing series for kids on ATV's and dirtbikes.
The main emphasis will be on atv's since no local tracks will alow kids under 16 to race quads..........but we will allow dirt bike riders who may be "just starting".
This will be geared as a family event more than a competition, but we will hand out prizes to the top 3 riders.
Heck, we might even let the parents race the kids quads after the kids get done :)

WHEN:
The races will be on saturdays so as not to interfere with any Sunday races. Starting Saturday February1st.
Races will start at 12:00 noon. Practice will be allowed from 9am-11am

WHERE:
At my home in Front Royal, VA.
We have a small track in our yard which will accomodate as many as 10 riders per heat. We might even have a small woods course if there is enough response.

RULES:
All riders and parents will be required to sign a waiver to protect me from civil suit.

All riders must have protective gear including helmets, gloves, goggles and some kind of boots.

ATV's between 50 and 90cc will be allowed. Parents are encouraged to bring their quads too.

Riders should be a reasonable age and size for their machine.

A small fee will be charged to help cover the cost of trophies and track maintenance.

All riders must be accompanied by at least one person over the age of 18.

Additional rules will be made available at the time of the event.

NO glass please.

feel free to contact me @ roadmaster70@yahoo.com with any questions. I look forward to hearing from all of you "dead beat dads" :o

Pappy
01-01-2003, 02:45 PM
hehe:devil sounds like major fun:D

are you gonna expand the mx track for the kids? like maybe a smaller jump?

tants
01-01-2003, 02:53 PM
im not really a kid anymore but can i be one the race? :D

4punksdad
01-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hehe:devil sounds like major fun:D

are you gonna expand the mx track for the kids? like maybe a smaller jump?

I plan on changing the track every couple of weeks and running it backwards too. If we run a woods race.......I have a cool spot down by the stream picked out to ribbon off where they can blast through some puddles (we know how kids love to do that).

killed300ex
01-01-2003, 03:53 PM
sounds like a blast i think it would be fun (prolly moer fun for the parents thatn the kids lol) Good luck and hope this takes off
killed

Atreyu
01-01-2003, 03:55 PM
"why have kids when you can buy an exriders t-shirt!?" lol jk that kids getting annoying. I wish my parents would have bought me a quad when I was that age.

Rip_Tear
01-01-2003, 03:55 PM
That sounds like an awsome idea 4punks! I hope you have a lot of responces and good times! I bet the kids are looking forward to it!

Fred55
01-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BoySetsFire
"why have kids when you can buy an exriders t-shirt!?" lol jk that kids getting annoying.

LMAO Ya..he is...