PDA

View Full Version : another base gasket question

88redrocket
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM
when i got my spacer plate kit from esr i noticed the base gasket they gave me looked like 2 gaskets stuck together. I figured eddie must do this to make it more durable or something so i bought another gasket for the underside of the spacer plate and used the thick one between the plate and the cylinder. after i installed everything i was looking at the esr website and i saw that the spacer plate kit comes with 2 base gaskets. So now im thinking that the thick gasket was indeed 2 gaskets and i needed to peel them apart. So if this is the case is it going to hurt anything now that i have 2 base gaskets where there should only be one? I posted a pic so the difference in the thickness of the gaskets can be seen. any help is appriciated.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2iv1f12.jpg

LONG-ROD
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
i would not run it. it will leak eventually for sure. and then its all over. and it will change port timeing. also lower compression

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
NO it will not hurt anything. you compression just might havebeen lowered a bit. maybe 5 pounds.
your fine i have done it a lot to space the cylinder up.

88redrocket
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Alright thanks i really dont want to tear it back apart if i dont have to. I guess i can deal with a slight compression loss if thats all its gonna do.

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
you wont see a loss in performance. but next time remember to only use 2 lol.