PDA

View Full Version : Chisholm's hit on Chad Reed

yfzrider310
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
That was such a good race until Chisholm took out reed's chances of catching Stewart. What are your thoughts...was that on purpose or an accident. I think it was fully intentional and I think he should be suspended from the AMA for a while.

yam450_53
04-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Haha I just finished watching the race on CBS and I knew there would be some talk about it on here. I also think it was intentional; at first I thought he had clipped Stewart's rear wheel and lost control, but after seeing the replay he clearly never touched his teammate's bike and went straight into Reed. It sickens me that the race's outcome was decided by such a ..... move, it was a great race till that happened. I loved Reed's comment at the end "I also have a teammate who's a great starter, if that's how you're gonna play it bring on." Next round will be an interesting one for sure after this drama.

450rRacer22
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
That reminded me of something j-law would do. I didnt think there was anybody else in the sport that was as low as j-law but apparantley there is. What i thought was hillarious was the interview on the podium with Reed. He played it cool and didnt whine about it like most riders would do. I still think Reed is gonna win the championship, you just wait and see.

dehner47
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
that was a total take out move. or attempt take out i should say. that was no accident. you can tell by the way kyle moved over to aim for chads wheel. and i totally agree . he should be fined $10,000 and rest of the year suspention. like they just did with jlaw.

and all you guys say jlaws a punk. atleast he moves outta the way and lets the leaders pass. kyle chisolm is a true punk.

watch out stewart. chads got his boys gunning for ya now. remember what mike alessi tried doing to ivan tedesco at glen helen. you best protect that kill button:devil:

dehner47
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
That reminded me of something j-law would do. I didnt think there was anybody else in the sport that was as low as j-law but apparantley there is. What i thought was hillarious was the interview on the podium with Reed. He played it cool and didnt whine about it like most riders would do. I still think Reed is gonna win the championship, you just wait and see.

ummm go watch daytona sx. jlaw was man enough to move outta reeds way when he came by. so really, what kyle did, jlaw has already shown he wouldn't go and pull a bs move like that.

but do agree with you on reed taking this champoinship. stewart always has a hard time in vegas. its hard and slick there. stewart runs good in the loomey stuff. always has his front end wash out in the slick stuff. (except for this past weekend. he rode great) that should be the might equalizer in this champoinship.

04-26-2009, 12:09 PM
I thought it was great! Awesome race real tight course and back and forth 1-2 changes between Reed and Stewart. Even if that incident didnt happen to Reed i'm pretty sure Stewart still would have taken the gold.

honduh440
04-26-2009, 12:34 PM
yeah stewart was still gonna win regardless but makes for a good final round

04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Reed practically took out Stewart. Reeds hit on Steward was clearly worse than Chisholm's mishap. Chisholm almost took out his teammate and barely affected Reed's momentum. Reed just about put Stewart off the track and into a hay bail.

coryatver
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Stewart can't win fairly so he has to cheat if he wants this championship. Having your lap down team mate take out the competition what a wimp. I say he eats the dirt next race and takes himself out of the championship

04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Stewart can't win fairly so he has to cheat if he wants this championship. Having your lap down team mate take out the competition what a wimp. I say he eats the dirt next race and takes himself out of the championship

So explain Reeds check to Stewart sending Stewart into the tough block? Reed put on some blocks on the turns too its racing get over it.

450rRacer22
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
You must be on something cuz in no way shape or form does stewart have to "cheat" to win a championship hes clearly proven that. Im pretty sure stewart didnt want chisholm to put a move on reed like that, i think it was just a last minute thing that chisholm decided to do. Dont get me wrong im a true Chad Reed fan, but you cant put someone as talented as stewart is down like that and say he has to "cheat" to win, hes proven otherwise. Like i said before though, i still think Reed will walk away with the championship.

Dehner47 i know j-law has never done anything like that before, he was very smart in daytona letting them go by i guess i was just comparing the 2 on there actions in the sport.

coryatver
04-26-2009, 04:11 PM
stewart is obviously the fastest guy out there but he is not consistent he takes himself out of the race by over riding the track. The fastest guy isn't always the one that wins the championship you have to be consistent too. Reed is almost as fast and is way more consistent. Reed had a good chance to beat him if his team mate didn't take him out.

450rRacer22
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
stewart is obviously the fastest guy out there but he is not consistent he takes himself out of the race by over riding the track. The fastest guy isn't always the one that wins the championship you have to be consistent too. Reed is almost as fast and is way more consistent. Reed had a good chance to beat him if his team mate didn't take him out.
I agree with that 100%, its what you said about cheating that i had a problem with. Stewart might put down faster lap times, but Reed is more consistent than any other rider out there.

coryatver
04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
sorry the last race just upset me the guy obviously took reed out and he is being fined and so on. The thing that gets me it is what potentially won the championship for Stewart and that just isn't right I would rather have seen them battle to the end of the race without his team mate having to take him out for him and taking reed out of contention for the win. But there is still one more race and maybe karma will take care of it

Warnerade
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
sorry the last race just upset me the guy obviously took reed out and he is being fined and so on. The thing that gets me it is what potentially won the championship for Stewart and that just isn't right I would rather have seen them battle to the end of the race without his team mate having to take him out for him and taking reed out of contention for the win. But there is still one more race and maybe karma will take care of it maybe karma will have your computer crash so we dont need to listen to conspiracy theories.

Stewart had him take him out? what, did they stop mid-race and huddle up with a game plan?

JIM GRACE
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
it was clearly an attempt to wreck reed, but we all know stewart does
not need any help so it doesn't make much sense.
butttttttt, stewart has ownership in the team so you never now what the orders were.

dungy did rap it up for suzuki and with a miracle so will reed.

coryatver
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
maybe karma will have your computer crash so we dont need to listen to conspiracy theories.

Stewart had him take him out? what, did they stop mid-race and huddle up with a game plan?

No conspiracy theories. Did you acutally see what he did? There is no guessing if he was trying to take him out or not it was obvious. Now stewart may have had nothing to do with it but it is his team mate and doesn't look good and that is no way to win a championship.

JackA450r
04-26-2009, 05:10 PM
What Chrisholm did to Reed was dirty. But I dont believe Stewart had him do it because he likes the competition. The way Reed was riding against Stewart was dirty. Reed is the biggest whiner out of all of them. I think what he said on the podium was so unprofessional. It just goes to show what a p**** he is!!! Go Stewart I hope you win it now.:macho

250r rider 88
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
its a known fact in racing that the slower of the teammates is out there to do his best but also help the faster guy win, whether by blocking or whatever

its done in every type of racing, from formula 1 to indy to nascar, motocross, etc

RosquistRacer39
04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Are you guys serious? Stewart has to have his teammate take out reed to win the championship? All those first place finishes don't have anything to do with it. Stewart had his teammate win all those for him. Not to mention every time stewart gets past reed he opens up a gap and wins. I agree the KC move was unfair and if it would have took reed out that would have affected the championship, but reed still finished where he would have anyways 2nd.
I personally would like to see someone, anyone get up and battle it out with these two.

KXRida
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Anyone have a link to it? I missed the race today.

jcv400ex
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I thought Reed handled himself on the podium fine...I would have had a few choice words for Chisholm...

That def. messed with Reed's head after that he lost a step. You can't put this one move on the championship though. Reed's starts at the begining of the year and his finish at Anaheim with stewart's newfound control is the reason he's not going to have the number 1 plate next year....

trx400exxracer
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM
-Chisholm looked like he meant to make the move.
-Some of us may never know if Stewart had anything to do with it.
- Competing at the level Reed is on, the slightest mishap can play with the rider and screw with their rhythm.
- Its about time someone rubs a little with Stewart! Stewart acts like he owns the track running and dirty blocking other riders. Its about time someone rubbed a bit with him.
- Rubbins Racin!!! :P

SRH
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
bloods, crips....san manuel band of mission indians.... heres what it comes down to.....they put money on reeds head...no one gets out the gang ...period...that was part of chisholms initiation...the sm bomi will take care of his fines.... stewart...the front man, of course he didnt know what was going on back there...thats how he handles his business...he knows how to work h is way out the pinch....word on the street, no one ****s with the sm bomi, i saw one photo of stewart and the crew wearing shirts that said stop *****in, and *****es are a dying breed, much like gangs do with the stop snitchin campaigns.... hahahah

chisholm was probably under team orders to cause a lil inconvienence for reed if possible but problem is he didnt do it very smoothly and now the heat is on...the team is going to put it all on him...its been going on for yrs..nothing new so relax

300extreme#8
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
go take another look, i got dvr so i did, many ,many times. Reed got out of the inside line to go high and leave stewart nowhoere to go but into a toughblock. But all you reed lovers think that is racing. go watch it again. And also if you take a look in slowmo Chisholm wasn't even in control of his bike when he landed. his feet were off the pegs and he barely saved it when Stewart went by. and then he BARELY tapped reed enough that his own bike fell over and it DID NOT AFFECT REED. so Reed pushed Stewart off the track and made he come to a COMPLETE stop. Stewart still came back and passed cleanly and won the race. Reed barely got bumped unintentionally, ( you can tell b/c you can watch his helmet in the replay he didn't know reed was there), Reeds speed was not afected, he did not come to a complete stop. SO stop making excuses. Yall sound worse than kids who didn't win a race. Reed is a great rider. I respect him, But he didn't have anything for Stewart after the last pass was made. It wouldnt matter if Chisholm brushed his back fender or not. Stewart rode way better. All this baby talk makes me want Stewart to win so much more and i dont even care who the hell wins.

SRH
04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
go take another look, i got dvr so i did, many ,many times. Reed got out of the inside line to go high and leave stewart nowhoere to go but into a toughblock. But all you reed lovers think that is racing. go watch it again. And also if you take a look in slowmo Chisholm wasn't even in control of his bike when he landed. his feet were off the pegs and he barely saved it when Stewart went by. and then he BARELY tapped reed enough that his own bike fell over and it DID NOT AFFECT REED. so Reed pushed Stewart off the track and made he come to a COMPLETE stop. Stewart still came back and passed cleanly and won the race. Reed barely got bumped unintentionally, ( you can tell b/c you can watch his helmet in the replay he didn't know reed was there), Reeds speed was not afected, he did not come to a complete stop. SO stop making excuses. Yall sound worse than kids who didn't win a race. Reed is a great rider. I respect him, But he didn't have anything for Stewart after the last pass was made. It wouldnt matter if Chisholm brushed his back fender or not. Stewart rode way better. All this baby talk makes me want Stewart to win so much more and i dont even care who the hell wins.

come on now, im a stewart fan but chisholm pulled over saw reed and made a half assed stab at him plain as day, also there was nothing dirty about reed going in on stewart, it was completely controlled, it was more or less, hey buddy dont mess around i can take you out if i wanted. now if he had made contact it would of been a whole different story, but he merely was breaking stewarts momentum...everyone does it...

i think reed is getting emotional because hes so frustrated with not being able to dominate other riders like other riders have dominated him...stewart is non chalant, super talented and it irritates reed that stewart is that goood, chads earned my respect as a fan but im rooting for stewart

Motoracer13
04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Hmmm......
I studied my DVR of it on a frame by frame slow-mo so heres my take.

KC was in the wrong going into the corner that hot but his feet were CLEARY on the pegs when he landed. You can see his left foot when it shows the first time and in cbs replay you can see his left. As far as barely touching Chads bike!? He hit it hard enough to turn his bike 90 degrees to the right. He screwed up and it just happened to be his teammates arch rival.

James reaction on the box wasn't his best and I think he knew KC did something but wasn't sure what. He can whine about Reed bumping him and no body calls him a whinner.

Chad handled it better than I thought he would but its always an excuse with him. How often does he say "James beat me fair and square"? I do see the near miss being enough to throw him off his A game.

Rubbing is Racing!!! Its all good if your racing and you throw an elbo in every now and then, with out being stupid about it. Its when your not even racing for position and you start rubbing or slide or whatever into leaders that are lapping you. I thought it was great to see Reed and Stewart put the gloves down and start racing last week, keeping the fight going this week! Its about time!

BEST SUPERCROSS RACE I HAVE SEEN IN LONG TIME!!! and beats all the j-law gossip(overplayed).

Motoracer13
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Vital-MX-Perspective-Kyle-Chisholm,3709/Slideshow,18156/GuyB,64

300extreme#8
04-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I really hope they try to take Stewart out. Maybe they will, then Stewart get back on his bike and race to the front. He has over come all the odds this season. No points in rd 1, bad luck at daytona, and not so hot in seatle. He deserves the championship, and that's why he is in that position bc he wants it so badly. From what I've watch all season this was the first race I actually saw Reed trying to ride hard all along. Maybe he should have been riding like that since rd 1 but he didn't, and that's why he"s in the position he is in also. Consistent, YES, but I think he's been too laid back. He has no choice but to give it all next sat. Pressure is on. All stewart has to do is focus on not wrecking. It should get crazy. I pray that everyone stays safe and hope that it turns out to be a awesome last round!

motofreak2772
04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
You guys are retarded, even if it was intentional it is not like Stewart told him to do it. And if I was riding on the track and Reed came by I would be glad to give him a little bump. Its not like Reed has never done this to Stewart before... and you act like James canthold his own against Reed. obviously he can if he was ahead of Reed. Reed will always be a second placer and will only win when Stewart is out, it's always been like this even when RC was there. Those of you who say Stewart can only win by cheating dont know what your talking about because if it wasnt for the crash in the first race then Stewart would already have the season locked down.

250r rider 88
04-27-2009, 09:13 AM
yes everyone understands the point that stewart didnt tell him to do that, the team manager will have like i stated earlier this is known in all forms of racing that if possible to slower rider is to help slow up his teammates rival or whoever is close to him

you better believe mike allessi will be lining up right on the inside of stewart next week if possible and push him wide to attempt a wreck

jcv400ex
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
you better believe mike allessi will be lining up right on the inside of stewart next week if possible and push him wide to attempt a wreck

And I can't wait to see it! GO REED!

csr250r
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
And I can't wait to see it! GO REED!

Yea, I think that it will be sweet when Stewart gets up from the crash and passes Reed later in the race haha.

I don't agree with Chishlom's move though. Not a big Reed fan. Reed is just mad that he actually has to race to get a championship. No more freebies when Stewart isn't injured. ;)

Some good racing this year though.

Motoracer13
04-27-2009, 12:55 PM
KC's pitboard said " james" lap before the leaders got to him and it said "good job" on the lap after he picked his bike up and got going again. Check out this video and notice KC the turn before he went into Chad and tell me that wasn't dirty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NTpgnLWps

KXRida
04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
You guys are retarded, even if it was intentional it is not like Stewart told him to do it. And if I was riding on the track and Reed came by I would be glad to give him a little bump. Its not like Reed has never done this to Stewart before... and you act like James canthold his own against Reed. obviously he can if he was ahead of Reed. Reed will always be a second placer and will only win when Stewart is out, it's always been like this even when RC was there. Those of you who say Stewart can only win by cheating dont know what your talking about because if it wasnt for the crash in the first race then Stewart would already have the season locked down.

spoken from a true moron :rolleyes:

Racing is racing, but I will agree that Chisholm's move on Reed was pretty sketchy. On purpose or not? The world will never know.

coryatver
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Chad Reed Interview on racerxill.com

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/monday-conversation-chad-reed.aspx

250r rider 88
04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
i got to thinking if only J-Law wouldn't have been suspended and knew what KC did to Reed he would've done the same thing to Stewart, cause Reed is one of J-Law's idols and they have alot of respect for each other:devil:

oh well i have full confidence in allesi taking care of business sat night

upinsmoke
04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Reed would not have won any way and he new it that's why he was not that mad. Two or three season's ago chad said in an interview that all do what ever it take to win even even if it mean's ridin dirty. I've seen chad take out lapped riders when he was in first for know reason Carma's a b***h.

motofreak2772
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
spoken from a true moron :rolleyes:

Racing is racing, but I will agree that Chisholm's move on Reed was pretty sketchy. On purpose or not? The world will never know.
spoken from a true ***got :rolleyes:
Reed bumped Stewart a bunch of times during the race and tried block passes on every corner, yeah it wasnt KC's race to do that but w.e. Stewart was going to win anyways(unless Reed took him out). Besides it doesnt even look like it slowed him down that much, if Stewart was in Reeds position he would have still won. you guys are saying he handled it well... "they were calling him f-bombs" then Reed implied a threat. alessi wont be able to keep up with stewart long enough to try something. Reed is so gay when he talks thinking he has a plan and that its going to work out. hes going to lose anyways, and stewart will pass him with a taunt in the air then just leave him in the dust.

Guy400
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
None of us knows what happened so it's mere speculation but I have a hard time believing that before the race they went to Chisolm and said, "Hey, if James is already out front go ahead and wreck Reed." Do I think it was a dumb move on Chisolm's part? Yes. He's not in the title fight so he should stay out of it. But Reed wasn't that disrupted and the gap at the end was much larger than the gap initially created by the interference. Plus, the move Reed put on James earlier in the race was pretty sketchy as well.

The bottom line is these guys are down to the wire and they don't really have any respect for each other. The crappy part for Chad is he can only win when there's no competition on the track. He could never beat RC straight up and he can't beat James either.

04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
I wish MX would get more like NASCAR. MX if your faster you dont share tips with your opponents. NASCAR they give eachother pointers to make a good close race. Even Carmichael himself said he hopes his kids go to 4 wheels because of the way people are in MX.

extremeblastr
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
mx on two wheels maybe, most of the fast four wheeled mxers are more then happy to share their secrets. remember though, not everybody can ride fast the same way. there are some secrets you have to create for yourself.

motofreak2772
04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah but its not like you see Byrd going to the Suzuki trailer and telling him what he did wrong in practice... But seriously what tips can you give to a nascar racer?

bens250ex
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Seems like Reed was riding dirty as well. a couple times he threw Bubba out on purpose. Not sure about Chisholm, he had the brakes locked but he sure did pick a sucky/sketchy line who knows but i don't think he should be fined and sit out its racing stuff will happen like this on accident and no one knows but a few people weather it was on purpose or not. Reed does seem like a lil ***** though....just my .02 i haven't followed any races but Bubba sure is a bad ***...

Warnerade
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
mx on two wheels maybe, most of the fast four wheeled mxers are more then happy to share their secrets. remember though, not everybody can ride fast the same way. there are some secrets you have to create for yourself. trust me...theres plenty you wont find out just by asking them

04-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Just on a side note im a Reed fan.

I just wish their was more competition in supercross. In the lites class, there's so many even riders that theres always different people on the podium, and always different battles for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. It's great racing. In the 450 class, there's only two real competitors. Reed and Stewart. It gets pretty old. A while back I was hoping Pastrana would do good and run with the two of them, but he didn't even make the main lol.

What happens with one of them gets injured? Or retires? The 450 class would suck. I think some of the lights guys need to switch over lol.

Motoracer13
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey bens250ex did you watch the video I posted earlier in this thread? I mean really how can you say it was an accident with him pulling infront of Reed one turn before the rub? and again if you watch the vid you will have noticed there wasn't anyone close to KC for him to be racing against.

Stewart vs. Reed isn't what this is about! It's the fact that a lapper got involved with leaders by not following the rules. KC should have
A. Stayed parked were he was when he let Stewart around him.
or
B. Slowed down enough to let the leaders get away from him
enough to not come close to interferring with championship
leaders who were a lap ahead of him!

300extreme#8
04-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Motoracer13
Hey bens250ex did you watch the video I posted earlier in this thread? I mean really how can you say it was an accident with him pulling infront of Reed one turn before the rub? and again if you watch the vid you will have noticed there wasn't anyone close to KC for him to be racing against.

Stewart vs. Reed isn't what this is about! It's the fact that a lapper got involved with leaders by not following the rules. KC should have
A. Stayed parked were he was when he let Stewart around him.
or
B. Slowed down enough to let the leaders get away from him
enough to not come close to interferring with championship
leaders who were a lap ahead of him!

Yall sure do dwell on this stuff huh? Let's find any reason to complain why Reed doesn't win. Its over, who cares anymore. If Reed wanted it bad enough then he should have put his head down and charged.
But you think its ok that Reed bumped Stewart into a tough block, and you wanna complain that the chisholm incident was why Reed lost. Hell I'm glad Stewart wasn't the one who bumped him because this thread would be 8 pages long with people whinning. Atleast Stewart keep his composure and rode clean.

dehner47
04-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
Yall sure do dwell on this stuff huh? Let's find any reason to complain why Reed doesn't win. Its over, who cares anymore. If Reed wanted it bad enough then he should have put his head down and charged.
But you think its ok that Reed bumped Stewart into a tough block, and you wanna complain that the chisholm incident was why Reed lost. Hell I'm glad Stewart wasn't the one who bumped him because this thread would be 8 pages long with people whinning. Atleast Stewart keep his composure and rode clean.

are you for real bro? have you ever ridden a real supercross track? once you moment is broken, its very very hard to make it up. and let alone make up that time on the fastest rider on the planet. and on top of all that, right after the turn the kyle hit him in was a long whoop section. reeds momentom was slowed and had to half *** ride threw which help stewart get 3-4 seconds ahead. and if you looked at the lap times at the end of the race, you'll see stewart win by 3-4 second. which means reed was still running stewarts pace. so trust me, he had his head down and trying to make up the time that stewarts teammate(a lapper) took away.

and for anyone( bubba fan, reed fan, jlaw fan, it dont matter) who thinks its a good thing that a stupid immature move like the one kyle pulled is/was good for sx and good for the champoinship, your off your rocker. no one. i mean no one(not even bubba) wants to see a champoinship get decided on a jerkoff move like that. thats bad for the sport and even worse for the fans. so i totally understand reeds frustration and "whinning" if thats what you call it. cause i would put my house on the line saying that anyone of you even lost a little local c class race over some dudes bestfriend/teammate trying to take you out while racing for a win(let alone a sx champoinship) you'd be *****ing and moaning too. i've seen this with my own eyes over the years of racing. so until your in the situation these guys are in, you should respect and understand where there coming from.

dehner47
04-28-2009, 07:37 AM
heres L&M's Racings official statement:

LOS ANGELES, CA - L&M's Team San Manuel Yamaha rider Kyle Chisholm was black flagged and asked to leave the race track for a move race officials felt was unsportsmanlike at round 16 of the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series, an FIM World Championship, April 26th, Saturday night at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Upon further review, the FIM ruled that Chisholm interfered with another racers progress. As a result, he was disqualified from the Salt Lake City Supercross main event, fined and not allowed to race the series final in Las Vegas, NV this May 2nd.

According to Team Manager Larry Brooks, “We've discussed the incident at length with Kyle and firmly believe, as a Team, that he would never do anything intentionally unsportsmanlike that would jeopardize himself or another rider. I really believe Kyle when he told me, and the FIM, that he had made a mistake on the track.” Brooks added, “While I am certain that Kyle's error on the track was a result of a personal error in riding technique, we have to support the FIM's ruling.” “I know Kyle is truly regretful for the concern he's caused his Team, sponsors and race fans; it's an unfortunate situation for everyone.”

Chisholm, after working his way through a tough section of the track, found himself in between San Manuel Yamaha teammate James Stewart and competing rider Chad Reed. Kyle came into a corner with too much speed, applied the brakes, trying to stop his forward momentum, and accidentally struck the rear tire of his own teammate Stewart before catching the foot peg of Reed's bike. As a result, Chisholm himself was thrown off his Yamaha and into the tuff blocks; he remounted and subsequently asked to leave the track by AMA officials.

From Kyle Chisholm “I know I made a mistake during the race and take full responsibility for my actions. It was never my intention to make contact with James Stewart or Chad Reed however, I must respect the ruling of the FIM and accept the consequences as a result. I want to express my sincere apologies to our Team, our sponsors and to race fans everywhere.”

At this time, Brooks is undecided as to what further actions the Team will take regarding the incident.

dehner47
04-28-2009, 07:41 AM
and for the record, Larry Brooks is full of s**t. they keep saying KC hit the wheel off bubba 1st. if you look at the replay, KC never touched bubba's bike. guess thats what in the PR buisness you "call damage control":devil:

how can it be a "mistake" when in the replay you can clearly see kyle turn his bike to the left to try and stuff reed. didn't know you turn a dirtbike left to make a right handed bowl turn. but what do i know.

treake
04-28-2009, 08:03 AM
There sure are a lot of interesting thoughts on this matter but it seems pretty clear from watching the race and the video, it was more intentional than not. In KC's interview, he said he was racing with some other guys. However, when you watch the video, there were no other guys around him when Stewart and Reed went by. He was all by himself. For all you Stewart haters, he does not need to have his teammate take out his closest competition to win. He can and will win on his own 98% of the time. For all you Reed haters out there, to say he sucks and can only win races when there is no competition out there, you just offended everyone that lines up to race supercross and it's simply not the case. He's won with Stewart on the track. How can anyone say that another rider almost taking out someone would not slow them down. For those who feel that this shouldn't have slowed down Reed, have you ever been almost taken out and dragged someone else's bike around a corner. It will slow you down and play with you mentally. The fact is, Stewart had not started gapping Reed until after the incident occurred. Would Stewart have won anyway, probably so. Could Reed have dug deep and put a pass on Stewart and taken the win, probably so but the bottom line is, we will never know because someone that was being lapped interfered in one of the best races all season. Was it team orders, I would say not, but was it a bad decision on KC's part, most definitely. Should he be fined or suspended, I don't think so but the black flag was the right call. Should he be put on probation, I think so. I'm sure the AMA was upset at what they saw happen because they want a tight points race. They want Stewart and Reed going at it because it means ratings and more ticket sales. What they don't want is a teammate whose getting lapped interfere in a great race between two extremely fast riders battling for the championship.

dehner47
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
well said treake

tach13
04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
i was excited for the race before but now i cant wait! its going to be the best supercross race in recent history or maybe ever.:D

dehner47
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
very true. but it still would of been better if there was no bs going into this race. cause if bubba wins the champoinship, all the reed fans are gonna say bubba won cause of KC's hit on reed. and if reed wins, stewart fans are gonna come up with some reason why chads a *****, whinner or cry baby and only won cause stewart was to upset or some bs and thats why he lost. it would of been awesome to see the sx champoinship come down to the final round. winner takes all. well, we always have next year:D

dehner47
04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
i just hope they play it live on friday night now. then all the bs was worth it:D

tach13
04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
reeds has no excuse, stewert won more races in one season then anyone has ever before.

dehner47
04-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by tach13
reeds has no excuse, stewert won more races in one season then anyone has ever before.

yes he did. you cant take that away from him at all. but 9 outta 10 times, speed wins races. consistance wins champoiships. unless your bubba and you can come from 36 point down to +6 going into the final. but were all not bubba so kids remember, speed wins races and consistance wins champoinships. just like sometimes, slower is faster:D

300extreme#8
04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Ive come off the track with both my tires steering different directions b/c people would try to take me out and ram me in a turn. I understand the frustration, but i wouldnt know at that level. But after watch tape again and again, I actually realized more of what happened. I thought he came in too hot, but KC actually try to bump Reeds line on the jump going to the table top. He wasnt trying to get out of the way. He should be punished. This has nothing to do with Stewart or the fact that Reed could have won. I just respect the fact that Stewart keep his composure! He never said one thing about Reed pushing him off the track> And its not so much that Reed whines, he doesn't dwell on actions, but he doesn't have much good to say when he is interviewed when things don't go his way. Racing is not easy and nothing is to be handed to you. Thats why I say Stewart deserves it b/c he was training to win, and i really believe Reed is training to be consistant and wait for the time to actually ride other his limits. You just have to look at the situation other than backing your favorite rider.

tach13
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
And consistantly winning races wins championships.

300extreme#8
04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
yep, I believe Stewart will win bc of that. I really hope no one takes Stewart out. Do you know how much respect Reed will lose if he wins the championship bc his guy took Stewart out. I hope he actually just races his race and doesn't rely on that to win. Reeds consistancey is the reason he is still in the points race with the KC incident or not. He's had all season to win, so the KC incident has nothing to do with the points lead b/c Reed has had the upperhand from the beggining. So intending on taking Stewart out is cheap and shows no character on Reeds part. I hope its a good race and the fastest man wins......

motofreak2772
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
didn't know you turn a dirtbike left to make a right handed bowl turn. but what do i know.
yeah, but you do trun left if your trying to miss the guy lapping you. If its true that he messed up than that would make perfect sense that he tried to stop the incident by turning to the left(and Im sure he was way more worried abou hitting stewart than reed.)

Motoracer13
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Again why would you be racing that hard into a corner with the leaders? And its not just the part where he about took out Reed, its also the corner before where KC let Sewart bye then pulled out right infont of Reed.

YES I KNOW I SPELLED BYE WRONG!!! Theres a reason!

RATPACK Z400
04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
I saw milsap hit reed 2weeks ago before the first turn and in open field taking him down seemed a little weird for that to happen, I didn,t see incident you guys are talking about did it happen this weekend? wish someone would post vid of it to judge crash! but Reed being a baby you must be talking stewart thats the biggest baby when hes not in first ,and he rides a little dirty sometimes. Reeds been respecful to others and holds himself well as a rider you dont see him slamming hes helmet and cursing in front of the crowds when he loses a race like stewart does I hope Reed put presure on Stewart in final and stewart bites the dust and Reed takes championship!

Motoracer13
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Read the whole thread and you will see where I posted video of the "mistake" Kyle Chisholm made.

RATPACK Z400
04-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Motoracer13, thanks for the vid ! he was definitly trying to take out Reed thats for sure ! I think The week before when milsap took out Reed too was very fishy as well . that should be looked at by the AMA cant wait to see the last race but Im sure its not going to be on cable ! and that pass Reed did on stewart was great to see cause ,Stewart passes like that every race!I really hope the pressure get too Stewart and he loses!Does anybody have vid of milsap hitting Reed before first turn before this race?It also looks like a take out move !

SRH
04-28-2009, 11:38 PM
i think this rivalry started in 06..... maybe 07....stewart passed reed offended reed, then stewart fell out front and reed went by him stewart passed him again...made contact, totally un intentional reed kinda turned into him, i think stewart came up so fast reed didnt know he was there...anyway after the race stewart rides up to rc and there talking and reed rides up behind stewart and rc yelling and throwing his hands up at stewart..... stewart says something about its racing and it escalates from there... i think reeds poor sportsmanship kinda left a bad taste in stewarts mouth, and reed is a cry baby by nature.... i mean this season not so much but in the past he was constantly frustrated and making excuses , i think alot of people mistake stewarts attitude for arrogance, hes all business he goes out there to win, doesnt care whose in the way or when he passes or where.... hes so non chalant about things it just fuels reeds fire.... now everytime the heats on reed shoots his mouth off and stewart toys with him, theres been a few times ive been waiting for reed to start crying, this season though....new reed hes handling it like a man, like i said i got alot of respect for him now but GO STEWART!!

dehner47
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
yeah, but you do trun left if your trying to miss the guy lapping you. If its true that he messed up than that would make perfect sense that he tried to stop the incident by turning to the left(and Im sure he was way more worried abou hitting stewart than reed.)

dude with all do respect, have you even watched the hit?? i don't understand what you mean by saying you turn left to avoid a guy lapping you. not if that guys on your left like reed was. if you watch the whole thing starting from the turn before reed was actually already past KC. KC dived to the inside, turned his bars left and tried making a half *** attempted at a block pass. as reed was coming up on his left side. so please, explain again why he would turn left in a right hand turn as one of the leaders in on his left side. just dont understand.

its simple, KC should have just let reed by just like he let stewart by. like a real professional racer should. now no matter how all this turns out, KC going to go down in the record books as the tool who may of ruined the best race of the season and possibly may or may not affect the out come of the 09 sx season. nice job KC.

motofreak2772
04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
well what I was saying is that if he did make a mistake and came into the corner too fast he would probably turn left to try and miss the riders, rather than turn right and run into them. I was only saying this because someone said that he turned left. But after I watched the vid AGAIN... he obviously did not turn left.
If you watch the vid you can't see the line he took but he probably had to single, table, step-on, step-off which was probably a line he hadnt been taking and he probably over gased it to make the step-off. When he landed he was on the brakes but he wasnt going to be able to stop. Im not saying that this is true but I am just defending and giving reason for his side of the story. Honestly none of us will know if it was intentional or not so quit crying about it.

motofreak2772
04-29-2009, 10:37 PM
wow, I just watched the full race for the first time.
That bump wasnt even a big deal. seriously its just an excuse for Reed. Stewart had twice the lead he had before all those lappers than what he had after the incodent. and omg I thought this happened on the last lap Reed still had 6 laps to make up for it and it hardly slowed him down. Stewart also gained time after the whole setback. So if that didnt happen Stewart would have been gaining time anyways. Reed was only that close because of the lappers slowing down Stewart.
I think when Reed passed Stewart back around that S turn and made Stewart hit a hay bail had more of an influence than anything. talk about slowing down his momentum, but look he still won. Im not taking anything away from Reed because of that either cuz thats what he has to do, ride hard and stay in front because if Stewart is up there too long he will break away and win(unless he crashes).

STEVENJANNA
04-30-2009, 08:27 AM
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

I'm no motocross historian, but I've seen alot of racing in the last 30 years and this is nothing new. I usually stay away from these discussions but.......

JLaw was suspended (I believe) because of his previous track record of bad behavior and his last on track incident was just the last straw for officials.

The following statement is that of an mx fan in general. Both Reed and Stewart are great racers however, while Reed is great for being consistent, Stewart is clearly the faster racer. It has to be very hard on a racer (Reed) to know that you are not the fastest guy in your series.

It is very unfortunate what happened and the bottomline is, was it intentional? Probably.

Will anyone ever admit it? Probably not?

Are there team orders? I can't think of any other reason to have multi racer teams.

Regardless of team orders or intent will KC be the fall guy? Absolutely.

And the most important question is, who's gonna win in Vegas? well, unless he crashes, Stewart.

tach13
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
what he said.

RATPACK Z400
04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Did anybody go back and look at the hit the week before when Milsap hit Reed at start was just strange hit by Milsap behind all riders at start in straight line coming up to first turn milsap comes across and runs into reed falling on top of reed as 20 riders go around first turn. Looks like a paid take out to me ! to make end of season ticket sales!

zr7cat
05-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
So explain Reeds check to Stewart sending Stewart into the tough block? Reed put on some blocks on the turns too its racing get over it. Thats racing for the lead and the championship bud, hard racing is good but not when your a lap down.

Guy400
05-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Earlier in this race Reed put a gap on Bubba but he was able to close it up and eventually pass him. After this incident and Bubba got ahead why wasn't Reed able to close any of the gap? If this deal with KC cost Reed, say, 2 seconds than why at the end of the race wasn't it down to anything less than that?

k4f5x0r
05-01-2009, 05:49 PM
just watched the race, and chisholms move completely ruined reed's flow.

reed wouldve have caught up if that dick didnt try and compete with the big boys.

oh well, racing's racing.

snacob14
05-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I totally agree, it seemed like after that hit reed lost momentum mentally. That would have been a good race down to the last turn if that wouldn't have happend I think. awesome race til the last quarter of it. Vegas should be exciting with all this tension coming into it

RATPACK Z400
05-01-2009, 09:59 PM
That was 1.7 second lead just for that cause it slowed him to be able to hit the hill with speed instead he rolled over it and lost lots of seconds and your not going to make up seconds on stewart in last 5 laps maybe .2 of a second each lap, that wouldn,t be anuff in 5 laps he got screwed! just saw full race 1 hour ago .And if you see main event the race before milsap took Reed down in start of main event putting reed in the back of the pack giving stewart the points he needed, it looked like a take down to me as well.

yfz450bb07
05-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Those of you drinking the Chad Reed kool-aid need to step away from the drink and wake up!! Stewart is faster then Reed and most of the time its not even close. The only time Reed can run with James is when he crash's. How many times since about round 3 or 4 when James finally got into a grove with his new team has Reed even been able to stay close when James has kept it on 2 wheels.

KC hit was dumb and out of line but you can clearly see he had a mind of his own when he looks over and see's them coming and lets James go buy then try's to run down Reed.

What's funny is with 2 of the last 3 rounds, James toying with Reed in the lead has reminded me when they were both on 125's or hell it could of been 250f's then I don't remember that, and Reed was whining about how fast he was but he couldn't get a start on the small bikes so James got out front then stopped to let Reed catch up and still beat him!!

Duke Nukem
05-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07
Those of you drinking the Chad Reed kool-aid need to step away from the drink and wake up!! Stewart is faster then Reed and most of the time its not even close. The only time Reed can run with James is when he crash's.

That's just it though, Stewart crashes too much.

300ex_#387
05-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Duke Nukem
That's just it though, Stewart crashes too much.

You have to risk it for the biscuit......

RATPACK Z400
05-02-2009, 03:53 PM
He was tailing stewart hard all the way it would have went to last lap if he hadn,t got hit ! the past two races sure didn,t look right ,when Milsap hit Reed knocking him to ground before first turn giving stewart the points he needed to play ketup for next race then Stewarts teamate hits Reed ,thats two races Reeds been hit the first was worse but the second lost valuble points going to final round. It does,t look like he can win even if he places first!

muddy400EX
05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07
Those of you drinking the Chad Reed kool-aid need to step away from the drink and wake up!! Stewart is faster then Reed and most of the time its not even close. The only time Reed can run with James is when he crash's. How many times since about round 3 or 4 when James finally got into a grove with his new team has Reed even been able to stay close when James has kept it on 2 wheels.

KC hit was dumb and out of line but you can clearly see he had a mind of his own when he looks over and see's them coming and lets James go buy then try's to run down Reed.

What's funny is with 2 of the last 3 rounds, James toying with Reed in the lead has reminded me when they were both on 125's or hell it could of been 250f's then I don't remember that, and Reed was whining about how fast he was but he couldn't get a start on the small bikes so James got out front then stopped to let Reed catch up and still beat him!!

ive seen that vid, its on youtube. and thats EXACTLY why i fuggin hate stewart! hes a cocky selfish pos. i cant wait till someone comes along that stewart cannot keep up with, gonna be awesome

motofreak2772
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ive seen that vid, its on youtube. and thats EXACTLY why i fuggin hate stewart! hes a cocky selfish pos. i cant wait till someone comes along that stewart cannot keep up with, gonna be awesome
When will that ever happen??

54warrior
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
When will that ever happen??

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3965/ryanzn8.jpg

RATPACK Z400
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Theres not going to be some one faster than stewart maybe as fast but what will end up happening to stewart is he will probably get hurt cause of hes speed/crashs, and retire shortly cause of an career ending accident. Just like Travis pastana did to himself .

k4f5x0r
05-04-2009, 07:49 PM
right on for villipoto. i just like everything about that guy(no homo). stewart is down right fast, and has the attitude for winning, but he's too cocky and dangerous. im all for going all out but keep it within reason. the second someones safety is risked then he's pushing it too hard. i dont like teh guy too much but that doesnt mean i want him hurting himself or anyone around him.

but im really rooting for villipoto next year. is he doing the outdoors this year?

450rJam
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
check the video again, kc almost hits stewart and gets on the breaks.................

then sees he is going to miss the "t-bone" on reed so he has to gas it to make contact
(check the back tire spinning and throwing dirt as he makes contact)

if reed and stewart want to bang so be it but no chump being lapped has a right to be involved

madskrillz2
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
People are making such a big deal out of that hit on Reed. You know, maybe it is, but has anyone noticed it didn't slow Reed down? I heard the announcers talk about the race that "coulda" been. That's the way the race would have turned out anyway. Reed acted like nothing had happened and just kept on trucking.

motofreak2772
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
ewww... you must be joking.
firecrotch? really? he'll do pretty good beating Reed but Stewart is out of his league. Villipoto will never be faster than stewart.

Did anyone see that thing about Stewart on espn?? It really makes you feel for the man and understand where he came from. I'll try to find a video of it.

motofreak2772
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4107959

The begining is a lil cocky but its a good video. My friends dad helped film this.

madskrillz2
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah I saw it and made me like him even more. It cracked me up when his dad talked about going to that race in Alabama (even though I live in Alabama) and he told them they came to race motorcycles. What's bad is I could probably name off a few tracks that would say something like that.

madskrillz2
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Hah I also like that part when he asks if he thinks he's the most dominant athlete in any sport and he pauses for like 5 seconds before he says yeah.

tach13
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
its true, tiger doesnt win every tournament hes in and they say hes the best of all time. id say the comparison of james and tiger is perfect.