PDA

View Full Version : WOW 02 400ex pivot bolt came right out!!!

sc400ex_rider
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
NEVER BEEN OUT BEFORE cause i thought it was stuck!!! LOL so after i would ride i would put it on the side and spray it with pen oil. this way it would soak down it. i gave it one good smack and it moved. i tapped it about halfway down and put the quad on its wheels and tapped it out the rest of the way. i never took it out before cause i thought it was stuck. i tried to grease it back it 04 but it wouldnt budge so i left it alone thinking i was going to haft to cut it out.

Rkangel7
04-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I've been doing the same thing. Before and after each ride I've been hitting the swinger bolt with penetrating oil. I figured that the suspension action while riding would help work the penetrating oil into the tough areas. Mine's a '99 and I doubt the previous owner ever removed the bolt. I haven't tried pulling it yet, but I hope to have similar results.

Ruby Soho
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
my 99 had to be cut out. i removed it a year later and it popped right out.. but i had greased it and such.. haha

bjg696
04-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes, i had to take mine out last week, and it was gaulded in, had to be torched out. Both bearings and spacers were stuck to it and the bolt was actually bent also. It was a big pain. So you came out lucky!!!:D