PDA

View Full Version : 250r mx suspension

orange mustang
04-26-2009, 09:32 AM
really looking for a decent mx setup dont know the diferents between xc and mx would like to get a long travel setup from what i have read i think i want to got with pep shocks but cant find their website just sites that sell their product or i am going with tcs havent looked to much into it can they revavlve and change my stock 88 250 shocks into long travel or should i buy 450 shocks and have them made into lt. also what is a good brand of a arm for mx have always wanted houser but cant find them i have lonestars on my raptor which are strong but heavy and i dont know if it matters but i like the a arms with the angled lower arm can any one tell me the benefit of the angle or lack there of

sorry about the run on sentences never was good in english class

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2009, 09:56 AM
if your going long travel, your have to get completely differnt shocks. the long travel front shocks are around 20 inches long and the stockers are 16 inches! Custon axis is pretty much considered the best of the best. But elka and pep are very good choices too.

Are you wanting to stay stock linkage on the back? Cr500 linkage? No link? That will help us determine what swingarm would be good for you. I would prefer the 88-89 length swingarm or if you have a 86-87 250r get a -1 swingarm.

orange mustang
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
i have an 88 250r dont know what would be better i was thinking of staying with a link swinger just stock setup in rear with an aftermarket shock i am not a professional rider but hit some ten foot jumps with friends dont get much air off the top of the lip but its a ten foot drop off the lip and its a flat landing dont want to bottom out would rather break my wallet then my bike

orange mustang
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
i under stand that i would need a longer shock for lt a arms wondering if tcs or pep could make my stockers into lt if it could save me a little money have been doing research just dont know anything about mx figure some guys and girls here have tried this and would like to see what has worked for u might go lobo a arms unless its a waste of money and i will go burgard but there are recreational a arms and competition but only want to buy once if i decide to race dont want to have to buy another set thank u for any replies

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
nope. they can not convert standard travels into long travels.

Nac's22
04-26-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm a serious fan of PEPs. On my 250R, which is strictly an mx quad, I have long travel PEP ZPS triple rate fronts and a 89 250R rear link with a PEP dual rate ZPS shock on the rear. It rides amazing. I have Walsh front a arms and a JB Racing swing arm. Long travel suspention is definatley amazing compaired to stockers.