PDA

View Full Version : Ever see/hear of FTZ race motors back in the day?

Kwadup411
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I got a project 1987 suzuki lt250r im restoring, i got a new motor for it because the one in it was blown. When i compared the 2 i noticed a few differences. The new one was about 1" taller, and had a motor mount on the head.

The blown one is shorter with no motor mount on the head, factory blue with a silver jug with FTZ racing stamped in bothh sides.

Just wondering if anyone remembers these and if it sounds like a stroker kit? I checked theyre website and they dont appear to make the lt250r kits anymore so i couldnt compare.

headache
04-26-2009, 07:54 AM
i know that the stock head on an 87 quadracer has the motormount on the head. Does both motors have the powervalve? the 85-86 motors are different and don't have the powervalve. Post up a pic of the motors for us. I know that Ftz did some bigbore and strokers for the Lt's back in the day but i'm not sure anymore. Their motors scream though! They do awesome portwork and their pipes are awesome too.

Kwadup411
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
ya they both are powervalve engines, for the 87+ chassis. ill try to get some pics.