PDA

View Full Version : carb/reeds/intake??'s

the dude
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
I am going to start assembling my new ESR 330PV (with a "custom" trx10 port, and trx 5 pipe) and have a few questions..

Right now I have a 38AS carb that had a leaking problem, seemed to be resolved last time I rode the bike. But, i dunno, so I was considering buying a new carb. Question is: should I stick with the 38AS, or go 39PWK?? (will order will baseline jetting from ESR)

I am also looking for a new intake and reed setup. I had the vforce, but they need replaced, and the intake boot is cracking.. Im pretty sure ESR will try and sell me on theirs, but I would like some other opinions. I was considering the FTZ or maybe a radvalve. I am absolutely ignorant on this subject and am in need of guidance. I tried searching, and just got more confused.. I am retaining the stock airbox and airboot.

Billet counterbalancer holder... worth it??

My riding is mostly at the glamis sand dunes, but i do ride washes, the cinders, desert trails and the forest fire roads here in AZ too.

I will be calling ESR on monday, seeing as how they are closed now. Any advice I can get here is VERY much appreciated. Thanks!

hang1p
04-26-2009, 07:20 AM
cr 250 rad valve cheap on ebay 38mm a/s good carb easy to tune, had that set-up on my 330 and 350 with trx 9 port and center mount trx 5 pipe

cdrookie
04-26-2009, 08:22 AM
no on the counterbalancer holder.

the 38 and 39 are pretty close in terms of performance, not worth the cost of replacement IMO. you could sell the 38 for a fair price and recoup some cash though if you want the 39. carbs are extremely simple, so leaking gas sounds like the float level is too high or the needle isn't seating...

rad valve is good for low-mid rpm compared to the
v-force which is more of a mid-top set up. for your riding i'd just get a new boot for the v-force.

voodoochassis
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
i have the hinson counter balancer holder and works fine for me and the ftz reed cage is a good choice as is the duncan pyramid valve..

the dude
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys! I think the float seat is oblong and worn out on my carb, which is why I'm looking at a new one. And the vforce I have need new reed petals anyway, plus I think the intake boot is for a stock carb, hence the cracking.