PDA

View Full Version : 2007 KFX50 not starting all of a sudden.

hwill
04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
We have been taking this quad out regularly and never had a problem. My boy rode it at the trail and I loaded it up.
I then tried to start it to get it off the trailer to clean it up and it would not start.

After messing with it for a while I noticed that the factory engine kill switch didn't seem to work right. Off it would try to crank, but sounded like it wasn't getting spark. And in the On position it would do the same thing.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know whats wrong.

Carb is getting gas and filter is clean.

Thanks

airmobile101
04-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I helped a guy awhile back with the aftermarcket cdi box, when he installed it, the bike only ran for a minute and shut off. Long story short, it was the kill tether switch that went bad. Do a resistance test or just by pass it by disconnecting it and run a jumper between the two wires. His was an 07 like yours and mine.

hwill
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'll check that out and let you know.

hwill
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks alot airmobile101, thats exactly what it was. I must of bumped it when loading or unloading it. I forgot all about it til you mentioned it. Just by looking at it the cap was on but not on good enough. Fires right up now.

I think I'm going to bypass it as it is not needed anymore.

Thanks again.

airmobile101
04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Good deal! Im glad you figured it out!

airmobile101
04-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by hwill
Thanks alot airmobile101, thats exactly what it was. I must of bumped it when loading or unloading it. I forgot all about it til you mentioned it. Just by looking at it the cap was on but not on good enough. Fires right up now.

I think I'm going to bypass it as it is not needed anymore.

Thanks again.
Oh, yea, you might want to do that(bypass). Those switches do go bad,My sons went bad also.