PDA

View Full Version : Nh riders

killed300ex
01-01-2003, 01:12 PM
well not sure if anyone knows or not but there is gonna be a mx at thge local fair ground Rochester fair grounds on the 27 of april i know this a long time in advance but is anyone plan on going? Ill be there nice time to meet up ride around ect... But maybe if i get enough replies there will be a get together at my house maybe depends on family Just kinda hoping someone might be going or actually racing! i know i wont lol stock suspension dont hold up to good but maybe ill bring the quad anyways just for giggles lol
killed

killed300ex
01-02-2003, 03:05 PM
bump

NTPRacing#19
01-02-2003, 03:08 PM
im goin to both the races, april 27 and sept 28th! im from NH so its easy to get to

rider250ex
01-02-2003, 10:10 PM
is it far from dracut mass. i will prob be goin.

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 04:44 AM
I have no idea were that is but rochester is in the southeast part of the state. If you know anyhting about nh its right next to portsmouth or dover just a couple of surounding towns. From amsbury mass (Dad works there) its about a 40-45 minute ride if that helps
killed

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 04:50 AM
just went on yahoo and thisis what it said
Distance: 64.3 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 28 mins So id amagine it would prolly take a lil less considering they are always wrong but i would definitly would say its in the ballpark
killed

Torn66
01-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Im going to try it out- have play raced mx and rode all last year at practice tracks. Going to run my banshee in open class novice....although it looks like it costs $120 for the NE-atvmx and ATVA memberships you need to race there-

is that in addition to race day fees?

01-03-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm gonna talk to pops, see if he can bring me down. Sucks being 14, can't drive :( . I think were going to head down to Southwick once this year, hopefully to race, if not then to either watch the MX nats or the Nac's memorial race. I cant wait to race Jolly's, I placed 7th in 400B on a stock 400EX last year, so I should do better on the widened 440EX next year. I wonder if the Rochester track is gonna be like the Canaan MX track up north.. Small, tight, technical, with roller type jumps. On a side note, there is Snocross racing Jan 11/12th up at the Colebrook airport in Claremont. Check out www.rockmaple.com for details..

northeast400
01-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Where do you get tickets/ Thats not far from me

killed300ex
01-03-2003, 07:47 PM
i think you will jsut show up i dont think there will be to big a croud lol its a small lil town lol not soemhting that alot of people are gonna show up to watch i think thisis the frst sime that there has been a mx comp here so it shouldnt be to big. Also if they do it in the horse track then the grandstand will hold like 4 thousand people. thats me quess justhope for good waether lol te roof leaks lmao thats how poor this place is lol
killed
well it sounds as if a couple people will show up anywyas should be a fun time if the weather is nice

01-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Yea, I'm really lookin forward to racing this year. Keep an eye out for my 400, I'm sporting #661 on yellow BGs. Should be easy to spot - uncut fenders.. lol

killed300ex
01-04-2003, 06:02 AM
posta pic do we can find you easy
killed

01-04-2003, 08:59 AM
I'll throw one up later on this winter.. Were doing work to it so who knows what its gonna look like.. lol..

killed300ex
01-06-2003, 07:39 PM
come on i know there are more people from nh and ares than that
whats that lik 4 people
killed

redrizza
01-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Anyone who races the NEATV-MX circuit will be there. I will be there for sure. I'm not sure what the fairgrounds look like? What do you expect to see for a track? It will be interesting for sure.

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 03:51 PM
no offense to the racers or my town but im expecting a pos in the typical rochester style lol
we have a thing for screwing things up i think the track will be in the middle of the horse track so people can watch fromt he grandstands and can be under shelter from the weather i know ill hopefully be in the pits :D but i thing there will be alot of smaller jumps bigest being 30-40ft notin huge and alot of rolling jumps not the tecnical. lol we are to poor. BU i hink it might be a perminent track they are puting in so i might be all wrong cause the 2nd race is the weekefter the town fair so i dont know how they would have time to build a track after clean the place up trust me that takes alot of time(i have to go on like the first 3 days other wise its just two disgusting to walk around in lol
killed
So i relly dont have anyideas but you got what i think

EX 80
01-07-2003, 07:13 PM
I'll be there. sounds like a hill billy town. But i'm sure it will be fun.

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 08:25 PM
its not wicked hill billy its just i doupt that its up for putting on a good track i mean its there first time never even heard of them conisering it. im happy though. Its actaully somewhat civilized its got like 30000 citizens i think something like that. i mean i like the city but its not smal enough that i can drive the quad through town and the cops wave casue the coud care less. that means its to civilized for me lol i wanna be able to drive my quad to work and not get hasseled for it. sounds like more people are coming so i might just have to have that cookout or womething anyone know how long these things last?
killed

EX 80
01-07-2003, 08:49 PM
on a normal NEATV even there are roughly 300 entries i think

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 08:51 PM
how late at night though? usualy like 7-8
killed

redrizza
01-08-2003, 06:12 AM
The length of the day usually depends on the # of entries. We usually start late and actually start racing at around 10am. The day usually finishes up around 5-6pm.

Hey EX80, are you steppin it up to Amature next yr?

EX 80
01-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Redrizza- Yes i am going to amature :) . Top 10 of novice go to amature. Top 5 of amature go to expert. I was 9th in novice so i am good to go. I know i'll be watching your back number plate most of the time. But i'm glad to be moving up.

redrizza
01-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by EX 80
Redrizza- Yes i am going to amature :) . Top 10 of novice go to amature. Top 5 of amature go to expert. I was 9th in novice so i am good to go. I know i'll be watching your back number plate most of the time. But i'm glad to be moving up.

Actually, you won't. I'm going to the expert class this season. I'm hoping to be tuned in and in good shape because I'll need it to be competitive with this stock engine.

JLanphear
01-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by redrizza

Actually, you won't. I'm going to the expert class this season. I'm hoping to be tuned in and in good shape because I'll need it to be competitive with this stock engine.

Yeah you'll need it. You're pretty slow...Geez, you couldn't even keep up with me up at the pits ya sally :D .

Hehe, just kidding of course.

That's cool to here man...I didn't know you were going into expert.

That reminds me...I wonder if we are even going to have a track to practice on next year? If not, I guess we'll have to build our own 100ft double for you and Bill to hit. ;)

redrizza
01-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
That reminds me...I wonder if we are even going to have a track to practice on next year? If not, I guess we'll have to build our own 100ft double for you and Bill to hit. ;)

I hope mike opens his track again. That would be such a bummer if he doesn't. Him having that track available and groomed will be a huge help for us cvboyz on gettin the practice to have what it takes to be out in front.

Torn66
01-08-2003, 12:05 PM
jlampher- do you race the banshee in NE-atvmx? Im looking to start up in novice class and havent really found anyone who races banshees in the class

JLanphear
01-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Torn66
jlampher- do you race the banshee in NE-atvmx? Im looking to start up in novice class and havent really found anyone who races banshees in the class

No, sorry, I haven't ever raced it. I have had it on a local track before and didn't really care much for the way it went over technical jumps, mainly because of the power band. I had FMF pipes on it which are top end pipes, and big 22" tires on it also. It just wasn't set up for anything like that.

A guy that rides with RedRizza I believe used to race his Banshee and didn't do very well at all. He now owns a Raptor and does pretty good down there.

From the conditions I have seen the track in Southwick get to, I can't imagine a Banshee doing very well there. If you have a nice smooth surface though where you can use all the high RPM power and speed it has, that thing would rip.

Sorry I couldn't help.

-Josh

Torn66
01-08-2003, 12:26 PM
thanks- thats actually a great help, I have a very similar setup and have struggled on mx tracks that are either technical or soft because of it.

Im definetly weary of southwick especially, seems with how pshyically demanding it is, its going to be 2x as hard on the Banshee b/c of the lightswitch powerband and all the clutching that I would have to do.

I'm defietly going to give it a shot though- hopefully I will see you guys out there

JLanphear
01-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Absolutely give it a shot!!!!!

Try it out and see how you like it. You can worry about the quad later.

-Josh

redrizza
01-08-2003, 12:52 PM
run 18x11 turfs on that bashee and it won't hook up as well and it will spin more. Don't worry, you'll still get the holeshot.
Basically, since it's not going to hook up as well it won't beat you up as bad. There are several guys out there that rock on a banshee, you just have to have it setup for what you're doing.

Check out Flanagan's webpage, he races a bashee in the Open Amature class. http://www.cashmoneyracing.com/

EX 80
01-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Redrizza- thats awsome novice to expert. i wish i was good enough to do that. Bigbore81 is also doing that. I can remember several times last season where i'd get a descent hole shot and you did not. Next thing i know you'd buzz by me and you'd be out of my sight. You'd be almost last around the first turn and still end up in the top 5. Thats alot of passing. I think you'll do good in expert. I hope i do alright in amature. I need to ride more, last time i rode was the last race sept. 29th. :rolleyes:

redrizza
01-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the props man. The last time I rode was Southwick too other than stunting up and down the street :) With how early our first race is (april 13th) I doubt I'll be able to ride before it, which is definately going to suck. Up here there might be snow on the ground still, and if not everything is still super wet.:grr I think you'll do good in Amature class, good luck!

Knight440
01-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Good move Redrizza you should do fine. :cool:

NTPRacing#19
01-12-2003, 07:52 AM
yea i hate how early this season is goin to kick off. there will either still be snow at jollys or realllllly muddy. i think southwick will be fine for the 13. its down in mass unless it gets really muddy like last years first race. people blew up motors left and right