View Full Version : Few questions and a BIG Hello to all

HAYESTRX250R
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM
I've been thinking of a few questions to ask on here since I started reading thru old threads here. I'll have a couple more soon once I get the camera out. Here goes.

1) I assume that Arens frames use factory size lower stem bearings and seals, therefore allowing any brand stem (made to fit stock frame) besides an Arens stem to be used except minor modification to bump stops on stem or frame. True or false?

2) Has anyone heard of or remember "Steve Miley" brand A-arms?

3) Anyone using a new radial style front master cylinder off a late model quad or other (with stock calipers, steel braided lines)? Which one, and much advantage in feel, initial bite, or lever travel?

4) On an engine built similar to mine in my sig, is it possible that a PJ carb (with EVERTHING to do with the PJ tuned perfect) can still result in a no idle condition? Yeah I have played with pilot, main, air bleed and slide hight but, not the needle and mine will almost Idle just after warming up enuff to take off choke. Any warmer than that and it dies fast and hard (think on off switch). I was told long ago that switching to a PWK can fix this. Mine is currently 215psi compression with a 16cc dome and 80+hrs. I'd say it makes around 43-47hp. I did get it to idle with the PJ (mostly with slide hight) but it ran like crap.

5) Why doesn't anyone run carbs with an acellerator pump? Like a Mikuni R/S flat slide.

1promodfan
04-25-2009, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HAYESTRX250R
[B]I've been thinking of a few questions to ask on here since I started reading thru old threads here. I'll have a couple more soon once I get the camera out. Here goes.

1) I assume that Arens frames use factory size lower stem bearings and seals, therefore allowing any brand stem (made to fit stock frame) besides an Arens stem to be used except minor modification to bump stops on stem or frame. True or false?

^^^^^^In response to question #1.......I have an Arens frame with a Lonestar stem. Hope this helps.

trx250rider
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
is that a stock jug? 43 -47 hp seems like alot from a 265..i dont even think my 310 makes that

HAYESTRX250R
04-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HAYESTRX250R
[B]I've been thinking of a few questions to ask on here since I started reading thru old threads here. I'll have a couple more soon once I get the camera out. Here goes.

^^^^^^In response to question #1.......I have an Arens frame with a Lonestar stem. Hope this helps.
Yes this helps, thankyou and I'm glad to know that it is a LSR. I wanted to know incase I ruin my Arens stem someday. I might pick up a Chrome LSR soon for a back up.

And for the next guy I'm talking crank HP not rwhp. I'm only guessing based off what late model 450's make stock and what my friends banshee made. I'm quicker thru 6th against 06' YFZs with riders 75lbs lighter than me. This was done over and over on asphalt from a dig and a roll. I'd put about a bike length on them. The banshee (377 trinity motor, lighter rider) put about 1.5-2 lenghts on me. His motor made 52hp.