PDA

View Full Version : Any benefit w/full aftermarket exhaust on 90?

rinaldi
04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
I have seen a couple aftermarket exhausts for the DRR. One is the Henrick?? Are these beneficial to the 90cc or is the stock nearly as good.

Logan #34's Dad
04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Oh Boy, The sickness is about to overcome you. LOL Once you start modifing you'll never stop.
Yes an exhaust is a great upgrade. Usually people will do at least a carb and a pipe. Then the madness begins - You always want more! :p

tyler70t
04-25-2009, 05:35 AM
I would do suspension before motor mods, just my opinion!

Nichols Atvs
04-25-2009, 06:15 AM
We all get the bug ! A few question you need to ask your self first >

1) Is your rider having fun (NOW) and did he ask for more power.

2) DO you want it or did the rider ask for it because he needs more power.

3) Suspension Suspension Suspension!

4) Give us addicts your walet and well get you what you need,
then try it out and see if you really need it !

5) Rider needs more power! You can tell because money burning hole in your pocket and statimg to eat into your leg !

6) My buddy has one! so do I, (only better)!

7) allways keep us posted to what your buying so we can have a fix because we have no more, go fast parts yet. because no one has made them yet!

There you have it 7 rules to live by to make you a better mechanic for your rider! and us ADDICTS

rinaldi
04-25-2009, 06:38 AM
You are 100% accurate-he didn't ask for it, dad did. I was just picking up parts if I think they are a good deal in case down the road (6 months) he inquires. I just installed the nerfs and he didn't ask for those either. Maybe I should focus on my toys more than my sons? Anyway I thought at least the nerfs were a safe investment.

vj1026
04-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Suspension is the first thing Most people start with, you could gain a couple of seconds with a good set up...

rinaldi
04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I guess my thought process in the past on cars and bikes were simple mods to enhance what the machine has to offer and that was usually always an intake and exhaust. I have a hard time changing my view point. Also my son doesn't race. I just bought his this over a Chinese unit or Japanese unit with narrow stance. I hope in the upcoming years he will be able to use its potential.

bulldogfallon
04-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Before making mods you should

1-Check your local rules if you plan on racing..one change and you may qualify for a much different class and skill level

2- Talk to someone that has worked specifically with the engine and parts that you have or want to buy

3- Good parts must match your set up or they are not going to help....they may even slow you down

4- Get the potential out of what you already have before spending money on uneeded parts

rinaldi
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Gary,

I am hoping you can still set me up with the Uni/Outwears and jets. I went to order at your website, but it only shows jet kits and I was hoping to only have to order a few.

bulldogfallon
04-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Great idea....

Just went on and added the individual jets for sale to the site :)

rmuscle
04-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by rinaldi
You are 100% accurate-he didn't ask for it, dad did. I was just picking up parts if I think they are a good deal in case down the road (6 months) he inquires. I just installed the nerfs and he didn't ask for those either. Maybe I should focus on my toys more than my sons? Anyway I thought at least the nerfs were a safe investment. oh didnt u know there ur toys hey just is the one that gets to use them lol.time to get a second job. no but they are right , i have jumped the gun on a few things i probably didnt need to get , so spend ur money wisely