PDA

View Full Version : Question about St.Anthonys

type3tom
01-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Im heading back to St Anthonys this coming Memorial week(the weekend I will be at Florence) but last time I there I hated the power robbing altitude,I could still make to up Choke Cherry but thats not the point,just was wonding what setups you guys(and gals)run on your quads especialy the 400 or 440exs.Also if anybody knows if theres a place even if its an hour away to buy Methonal,I'd like to swich mine back to Meth but I dont want to bring down a 50 gal. drum.

Thanks,Tom

QuadJunkies
01-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by type3tom
Im heading back to St Anthonys this coming Memorial week(the weekend I will be at Florence) but last time I there I hated the power robbing altitude,I could still make to up Choke Cherry but thats not the point,just was wonding what setups you guys(and gals)run on your quads especialy the 400 or 440exs.Also if anybody knows if theres a place even if its an hour away to buy Methonal,I'd like to swich mine back to Meth but I dont want to bring down a 50 gal. drum.

Thanks,Tom Wow.. I ride there, but I have no idae on where to buy.. hmm I think you should send WyoDuner a Pm I bet he will know..;)

01-01-2003, 09:39 PM
I have another question
..if I come out there will Q.J. ride w/me ??:D

QuadJunkies
01-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
I have another question
..if I come out there will Q.J. ride w/me ??:D in a hearbeat..;)

Dune Surfer
01-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey QJ what dates are the july trip on?

QuadJunkies
01-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Hey QJ what dates are the july trip on? the dates are July11th-14th.. You still gonna try and make it out here? :D . Im trying to gather up everyone the night before than can come and meet at my place the night before..We are stayin at the Best Western in Rexburg.. If all shows .should be a big turn out. So far peeps from 5 states coming!:):blah Hope you can make it.should be a blast...;)

01-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
in a hearbeat..;)
;) ..your one the coolest !!!:)

WyoDuner
01-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately I don't know where to get Alcohol around St. Anthony... I'm sure somebody local to there would know. Sorry I can't help.

BTW, I'll probably be making a trip out for July 4th - From Thursday to Sunday of that week.

Maybe a trip earlier in the year too.

QuadJunkies
01-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
Unfortunately I don't know where to get Alcohol around St. Anthony... I'm sure somebody local to there would know. Sorry I can't help.

BTW, I'll probably be making a trip out for July 4th - From Thursday to Sunday of that week.

Maybe a trip earlier in the year too. Gee Wyo~~ I was hoping to get you up there that same week we all are going..:(:( if you change your mind, I hope you can come ,since I never got to catch you lat year.. I wanted to have you show me the way to choke this time!!:p

quadbiker
01-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Yeah the Best Western in St. Anthony doesn't have a pool and hot tub, the Rexburg one does, so does the Comfort Inn in Rexberg.

out4sand
01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
type3tom -

Give Bowen Petroleum a call. A buddy of mine purchased a 5 gallon drum of it the first time I went to St. Anthony's. They may not have it on hand but can ordered it in so it's best to call ahead of time. They can also order race gas if they do not have it on hand.

Bowen Petroleum
Po Box 656, Rexburg, ID 83440
(208) 356-5731

As for how to set it up, I had to drop I believe 3 jet sizes in both of my bikes. The high altitude made them run fat as heck!

www.out4sand.com

type3tom
01-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll give that place a call. The only thing I hated about that place when I was there last year was the altitude,had to rejet when we got there and the HP los, which you want to ride and not work on the bikes after driving 16 hours, of course we left St Anthonys and drove to Florence which took another 16 or so hours,but it was worth it.

Thanks again,Tom

out4sand
01-02-2003, 06:01 PM
I totally understand!! The banshee isn't bad to rejet but the 400ex with the FCR is a pain in the neck...or at least like you say, you drive that far I want to ride not turn wrench.

out4sand
01-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Hey type3tom - I just noticed you said you are going to be at Florence this year for Memorial weekend. I'm going to be there with a large group of buddies as well, we're camping at Driftwood II most of us will be in sites 29-41. We wanted to head to Coos Bay but the sites filled up to fast so we'll give Florence a try.

www.out4sand.com

type3tom
01-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Yea,I be in Florence over the Memorial Day weekend then that Monday we're heading over to St.Anthonys for the rest of the week.I put the Edelbrock carb on mine so it'll be easier to rejet and I think I might sell my FCR thats set up for alky and maybe raise the compression up to help with the high altitude.It would be cool to hook up with a bunch of people at Florence,we usually have about 25 or so that head down that weekend.

Later,Tom

QuadJunkies
01-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by out4sand
I totally understand!! The banshee isn't bad to rejet but the 400ex with the FCR is a pain in the neck...or at least like you say, you drive that far I want to ride not turn wrench. WE run our 400ex 170 main and 128 on the 300ex open air box.. but it runs just the same back home our altitude is about 2500 back home and arounf 5000 in St A's.. I guess it would suck for all you coming for the trip

ThorChick
01-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Tina ~ I think I'm going to be over there from the 10th to the 14th for my vacation. I need to spend at least a day with my dad but I'm thinking Saturday morning I'll come over to ride for the day and then party it up with you guys Saturday night. If I can borrow my boyfriend's trailor I'll either sleep in that or put the canopy on my truck and sleep in the bed of the truck. My boyfriend might come over with me, but we aren't sure yet. He doesn't seem too crazy about the idea of me camping with a bunch of strangers, let alone drinking with them. I bet he'll eventually decide to go, but we still have a while to decide. I already asked him if he doesn't come to let me borrow his 350R, he said he'd think about it. Hehe, if I bring it I might let you ride it. :devil

QuadJunkies
01-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Tina ~ I think I'm going to be over there from the 10th to the 14th for my vacation. I need to spend at least a day with my dad but I'm thinking Saturday morning I'll come over to ride for the day and then party it up with you guys Saturday night. If I can borrow my boyfriend's trailor I'll either sleep in that or put the canopy on my truck and sleep in the bed of the truck. My boyfriend might come over with me, but we aren't sure yet. He doesn't seem too crazy about the idea of me camping with a bunch of strangers, let alone drinking with them. I bet he'll eventually decide to go, but we still have a while to decide. I already asked him if he doesn't come to let me borrow his 350R, he said he'd think about it. Hehe, if I bring it I might let you ride it. :devil me ride it??? lil ole me??:blah :blah :blah :blah .. well your safe with us Girl, and heck bring him along anyways I woul love to meet him for we will be coming to ORE to ride too ya know.. then we will have all met:) As the date gets closer. ill give you a buzz so we can work out al the details...;)

Natertot426ex
01-08-2003, 12:22 PM
QJ how long you been living in Kuna, I grew up there.

QuadJunkies
01-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
QJ how long you been living in Kuna, I grew up there. you kidding me??? I have been in Kuna for 2 and a hlf years,and I lived in BOise for about 8 years before..You ride at pickle and Weiser ?Heck, I may already know ya and just dont know it yet:)

Natertot426ex
01-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Well I moved from there about 3 years ago and now live in meridian. I have gone to Weiser once and Pickle butte once. I going riding out at hemingway butte more than anything or blacks creek and make an ocassional trip down to Little Sahara in Utah. Do you race at all? IF so you should go to the Oreana 100 on Feb 23.

QuadJunkies
01-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Well I moved from there about 3 years ago and now live in meridian. I have gone to Weiser once and Pickle butte once. I going riding out at hemingway butte more than anything or blacks creek and make an ocassional trip down to Little Sahara in Utah. Do you race at all? IF so you should go to the Oreana 100 on Feb 23. well... funny you should ask...NO, I havent raced YET!:blah But I am really thinking about getting into it soon...we should talk sometime... check my profile and you will see my addy....Tina:)

QuadJunkies
01-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Well I moved from there about 3 years ago and now live in meridian. I have gone to Weiser once and Pickle butte once. I going riding out at hemingway butte more than anything or blacks creek and make an ocassional trip down to Little Sahara in Utah. Do you race at all? IF so you should go to the Oreana 100 on Feb 23. Are you going to the race at oconnor house on JAn 26th? Have you ever raced there?

Natertot426ex
01-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I haven't raced there yet but it would be cool to do. I did the ice races last feb at the B of A center. That was really cool. I may go to check it out and I know a couple guys that do it but don't know there names and haven't seen them for a while so I may go just to talk to them and see what I need to do to race.

QuadJunkies
01-08-2003, 03:59 PM
I haven't raced there yet but it would be cool to do. I did the ice races last feb at the B of A center. That was really cool. I may go to check it out and I know a couple guys that do it but don't know there names and haven't seen them for a while so I may go just to talk to them and see what I need to do to race. WEll. if your interested.. Pm me or Im me and we will have to go ride sometime.. I am going to the flattrack race this month ,this is what I would love to do..:blah Maybe we coulsd meet up?