PDA

View Full Version : Generator suggestions

Lethalhonda2
04-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm looking for a portable generator for our Motorhome. The Onan thats in the camper now needs some repair. I'm looking for at least a 3500watts and up. My only problem is size, I dont think a portable would fit in the current location of the Onan and getting one to fit through the door might be a issue also. It also has to be quiet!! Not looking to be "that guy" at the races.

<DRS>GPF
04-25-2009, 10:07 AM
perhaps a DC to AC inverter? just add batteries..

what are you operating at 3500+ watts?

hondaking52
04-25-2009, 11:28 AM
we have one of the new honda's with the inverter, its not that big, not shure of the size, and its electric start and super quite

EDIT: this is the one we have

http://www.honda.ca/HPower/Models/ModelOverview?L=E&Type=Generators&Series=Inverter&Model=EM5000isC1

Lethalhonda2
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
That Honda looks like a very nice generator but not looking to spend that much. The generator has to run everything in the motorhome TV,Fridge,air cond. ect. We borrowed a friends last year that was 2500 watts, and the air conditioner about killed it. So we figured a 3500 and up should run everything.

hondaking52
04-26-2009, 07:34 AM
ya, they have a bunch of sizes, but they do have a higher pricerange, and that was in cdn $ by the way.

mxduner
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
depending on how bad the onan is, man they are very nice and worth alot.Perhaps you can get the existing one repaired.This way you know you have a properly sized unit, it's tucked away, and most likely you wont be "that guy" in the pits or when your camping.

I've been battling this issue for 4-5 years. dragging a generator around and dragging extension cord around along with gas cans out and filling up in the middle of the night in the skivvys.