PDA

View Full Version : Extended foot levers

mestapho
04-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi all, first time post. I ran a search and couldn't find anything but here's my problem. I wear a size 12 MotoX boot and I find it hard to get my foot under the foot lever to shift.

So I have two questions:

1. Can you get longer levers?
2. Can you flip the levers over to shift by pushing down instead of up? I have done this on my streetbike, called GP style.

04-24-2009, 07:25 PM
If you loosen the nut on the shifter, you can pull it off and adjust it accordingly. I had to raise mine alot when I got boots.

rob_990
04-24-2009, 08:56 PM
i wear a size 12 to and i remember when i first started riding with them i said the same thing but now i just kinda shift with the side of my toe and it feels perfect.after a few rides youll get used to it and itll feel normal again.

mestapho
04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
thanks for the quick info on adjusting. i was shifting with the side of my boot as suggested. i dont shift too much on the trails but if we're racing then i do. i had the same problem with my streetbike when i got riding boots but i bought new trees that r adjustable.

now if anyone can let me know if u can switch shifting patterns. meaning one up and four down.

thanks all for the help.

rob_990
04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
ive never heard of anyone doing it

04-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
If you loosen the nut on the shifter, you can pull it off and adjust it accordingly. I had to raise mine alot when I got boots.

I ride in size 14 boots, and at first I couldn't shift for my life. Stopped by the shop (at the place I ride at) and they told us about adjusting it. Made it so much easier to shift.