PDA

View Full Version : Strong Arm a-arms

1989trx250r
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, I have been offered a set of "strong arm" stock length a-arms from a guy that is powder coating my frame. I havent seen them yet, has anyone ever heard of these?:confused: He says that they dont have bearings or ball joints in them....can I still get parts for these? I tried to search them on google and found nothing. He is offering them to me at a decent price with fresh powder coat, but I want to make sure I can get parts for them before I purchase. Thanks for your help!

Jason

Honda 250r 001
04-24-2009, 08:13 PM
i think it would be worthless to buy stock length a arms, but if you really want them, i would not give over 100 bucks for the set, im sure you can find some bushings to use in them and ball joints for sure.

1989trx250r
04-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was going to buy stock length because I mainly trail ride. And one of my stock a-arms is cracked around the weld that holds the ball joint in. Not fully broken yet, but on its way. I was going to pretty much buy whatever I can for a reasonable price.

Honda 250r 001
04-24-2009, 09:12 PM
ooh heck ya then it would be a good deal if you know that you want stock length. It just all depends on how heavy they are as to how much money you should give for them. do they have adjustible ball joints at the top and bottom? removeable i assume? are they heavily guesseted at the shock mounting points?

1989trx250r
04-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I wish I knew, I cant find any pics of them online. I am going to drop off my frame to this guy tomorrow and I will check them out. I was hoping someone had heard of them. Thanks for the advice of what to look for, I will keep all of that in mind!

Jason

the_eddy
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
i raced a set of these for years until just last year.... they take the same ball joint as burgard etc...... it is a very common ball joint but the bushings that came from EP strong arm didnt last very well so i had all my stuff made at a local machine shop by my own design and it lasted lietterally forever...... it was quite costly but for all intent and purpose it was almost a permanent fix..... Very good arms and almost idestructable... highly reccomend if it is what your looking for..... 618 214 1225 if you have any questions brian

1989trx250r
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Brian, thanks so much for your response! I bought the A-arms, they are in great shape. Where can I get the ball joints from? Website? Can you send me the dimensions for the bushings that you had made? My email is jate1177@comcast.net. Thanks again.

EXtreme-
04-30-2009, 01:39 PM
http://anzwers.org/trade/hsdracing/strongarm/honda/honda.html

racernorris
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
the guy that first built the strong arm a-arms was named mike elsberry, i ran a set of them back in 1996. the strong arm a-arms from hsd may or may not have anything to do with ep a-arms though. i haven't heard from mike in years. good stuff though!

just a bit of history!

Norris