View Full Version : clutch case

brothers
04-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Trying to get a broken bolt out. Decided to take the case off the right side to see if the bolt was sticking out enough to just pull it out. so i removed all the bolts but the ****ing case wont budge. so should i just use a nice hammer and few well placed taps to get it loose?

honda400ex2003
04-24-2009, 06:52 PM
you have to unlock the lifter arm too by turning it around to the other side. it is like a 180 turn i think but you will feel and hear it when it disconnects from the shft inside it. I guess that could be one of your problem unless you missed a bolt on the oil filter, mount, or something. steve

brothers
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
the clutch lever? i turned it as far as it will go. no such luck. if i cant get it i will just take it to the motorbike shop.

honda400ex2003
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
no the lifter arm that is connected to the cable that goes into the side cover. it doesnt go all the way around only half way. you may have to mess with it a bit to get it loose but if you know that is not it then you are on your own give it hit with your sledge hammer to get it loose. it should come off pretty easy. try feel where it is sticking if you can get it to move. steve

brothers
04-24-2009, 07:33 PM
tryed both ways no luck. just gonna have to drop it off tomorrow and miss the local race! F**K

brothers
04-24-2009, 08:03 PM
yes that ***** finally came off! :) now i gotta find my allen wrenchs to get that brake pedal off

NacsMXer
04-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by brothers
yes that ***** finally came off! :) now i gotta find my allen wrenchs to get that brake pedal off

What, was it just stuck on there real good from the gasket? That's how mine was when I wanted to change my clutch. I was stumped on how to get the darn thing off I tried hitting it with a plastic mallet/dead blow mallet etc nothing would budge it. I then figured out it had little pry tabs strategically-placed around the edge and got that bugger off with a giant screwdriver :p

brothers
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
yes smacked the hell out of it with a mallet. but now i am having problemwith the reverse cable bracket and the there being no tension on it and getting the clutch lever back in. damn spring keeps falling off.