PDA

View Full Version : (esr 310) Wow!!!!!!!!

revman
04-24-2009, 06:33 PM
well fella's i just broke in my motor its a esr 310 cylinder with a 4mill stroker and a trx9 pipe. i gotta say it hits HARD in the mid range. :blah: im really happy so far just ripped it up and down the street. cant wait to take it to the sand pits.

i got one question i have a slight flat spot in the mid range do i go up or down with the C clip to crispen it up??? does that mean its lean in the mid range or fat. it doesn't spit and spudder it just goes flat then ripps your arms off. right now im on the 4th clip up from the bottom on the needle.

any help would be great...thanks in advance

gandgracing
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM
You usually count from the top then down so your on the second clip. Most start out in the middle which is going to be a tad bit richer for you. Think as if lifting the neddle up lets in more fuel and dropping it down cuts off more fuel to lean it up. I would richen it up before I leaned it out.

revman
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
thanks grandgracing. i'll drop the clip down one and see how it acts.

voodoochassis
04-24-2009, 09:34 PM
thats the same thing my powervalve engine done..kinda dead then all of a sudden arm wrenching power and it was a pv engine..i liked it though,just to much for the dirt for me..

smokinwrench
04-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I took my new esr310 to little sahara this weekend. I am very impressed with how it runs. Very respectable on the drag strip for not having perfect jetting yet. After getting it close I took it to the dyno to check jetting. I need to get a smaller pilot jet and gonna go down one more on the main.

I do know that with the trx11 pipe its not very good for leading kids through the trails.