PDA

View Full Version : Airin out the Can Am's

Wired
04-24-2009, 05:32 PM
hey all, little update on my new riding area called "papa jon's freestyleria" we built the new 80ft double and derek tried it out today, then i put the camera down and hit it myself. probably one of the funnest poppiest jumps we've ever made. this summer i'll definitely be flipping this gap!

Wired
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
another view.... this jump is soooo fun! :devil:

Seed
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
A whole new meaning of being high LOL. Too much for me I like my body lol. Looks awsome for a adrenalin junky ;)

Pappy
04-24-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm gettig bored Jon...give the papmiester something new:devil:

X400EX
04-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow, that's so huge! Thanks for sharing. :)

BlaineKaiser450
04-24-2009, 09:25 PM
thats pretty cool!

Wired
04-24-2009, 09:25 PM
video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2WDvyFWBCI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2WDvyFWBCI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crixal
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
that's bad, man. i'm real anxious for some more videos.

florentino
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Wired
hey all, little update on my new riding area called "papa jon's freestyleria" we built the new 80ft double and derek tried it out today, then i put the camera down and hit it myself. probably one of the funnest poppiest jumps we've ever made. this summer i'll definitely be flipping this gap!

did you remove limp mode?? thats alot of air .. has a atv ever turn off just before the jump? also what kind of speed are you doing?? 5th pin ??? and do you like the can am better than the others ?? goods and bad..

craigmacphee
04-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Sounded like 3rd gear. Great video and jump. He has a LOT bigger kahuna's than I would ever have. Craig

ml450r
04-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by florentino
also what kind of speed are you doing?? 5th pin ???

I believe he was in third.

Seed
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by florentino
did you remove limp mode?? thats alot of air .. has a atv ever turn off just before the jump? also what kind of speed are you doing?? 5th pin ??? and do you like the can am better than the others ?? goods and bad..

Hey Florentino,

Here is a great thread started by me that has a ton of great info about the DS450. I was in the process of buying a new quad and from what I've seen the DS450 is by far the best possible quad. Alot of the bugs have been worked out and Can-Am offers these updates to previous years fron no money or to just the labor. I dont see any other manufactures that offer this on previous years. But heres the thread which helped me make my decision.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390986

Wired
04-26-2009, 10:08 AM
we're running these motors bone stock, limp mode hasn't been disabled but we'll be doing it when we get a chance. honestly i love these can am's... i have a fully built yfz that i wont even consider jumping again after being on the can am. my setup for suspension is stock revalved by PEP and their the best shocks i've ever ridden for freestyle. that jump is 3rd gear as hard as you can hit it. really the only thing i dislike about the can am is the throttle cable, when doing bar tricks if you catch the cable with your foot it breaks it off every time so we had to fab up a cable guard which looks kinda ghetto but does works. i feel the best bang for your buck is definitely the can am, i stuck over 10grand into my yamaha's and with the DS i just buy tires, bars exhaust and shock valving and its much better than the yfz for how i ride in my opinion.

haha i just re-read this... sounds like i should be one of those pitch men like the sham wow guy hahaha

Seed
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Are you with me Camera Guy!!! LOL

X400EX
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Wired
we're running these motors bone stock, limp mode hasn't been disabled but we'll be doing it when we get a chance. honestly i love these can am's... i have a fully built yfz that i wont even consider jumping again after being on the can am. my setup for suspension is stock revalved by PEP and their the best shocks i've ever ridden for freestyle. that jump is 3rd gear as hard as you can hit it. really the only thing i dislike about the can am is the throttle cable, when doing bar tricks if you catch the cable with your foot it breaks it off every time so we had to fab up a cable guard which looks kinda ghetto but does works. i feel the best bang for your buck is definitely the can am, i stuck over 10grand into my yamaha's and with the DS i just buy tires, bars exhaust and shock valving and its much better than the yfz for how i ride in my opinion.

haha i just re-read this... sounds like i should be one of those pitch men like the sham wow guy hahaha

Do you have any pics of that guard? I'll be trying to freestyle too and I'm now concern with this problem... :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

hondaracer305
04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
http://www.ricepowerproductions.com/myspace/shamwow.jpg

hoser 400ex
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
hey jon.... where abouts around cloud do you got your place at??

Wired
04-29-2009, 04:49 PM
right in between Princeton and st. cloud on the 95.

hoser 400ex
04-29-2009, 05:18 PM
oh ok sweet. nice area out there man. im about 45 min north of ya...