PDA

View Full Version : Cr Clutch Lever?

adamson350r
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I put on a CR 250 clutch perch and lever and it didn't fit to well. Cable seemed too loose no matter how adjusters where tightened. As I would take out as much slack as the adjuster would allow, I'd pull the clutch lever it would barely pull the clutch at about half or 2/3 pull. I looked at my stock clucth lever I realized the hole placement for the cable end was farther in on the lever than the Cr lever. I went back to the Honda shop and Found the Xr's Lever cable end placement was the same as the stock lever. Fixed the problem. What my question is does any one out there sell a Cr Lever where the cable end stick in have the same placement as the stock lever?

Rich250RRacer
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Buy a Motion Pro clutch cable, it will solve the problem. I had the same problem and I couldn't get the proper adjustment with a new stock cable. About ten years ago Honda superseded the original 250R cable part number to something else. This newer cable was slightly longer than the original cable they sold. If you were still running the stock lever and perch, you'd never notice the difference, but it's when you switch to the CR perch and lever that you have the problem.