PDA

View Full Version : Too much oil? Oil Leak help

S.A.J
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Is there such a thing as having the 450r filled up with alil to much oil and it causing a leak? i have mine filled up pretty much to the top and its leaking oil and it almost seems to be coming outa the shift shaft mayb,not sure though.like overnight there will be a small area maby 2inches or so in diamiter of oil under it...should i let out some oil till it shows about half on the glass?
its also leaking coolant but thats on the top right hand side of the motor were the hose connects to the motor that piece i think needs a new gasket cause its not leaking from the hose not being tight enough...

Need some help here,thanks

Scro
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
You didn't paint any seals or gaskets, did you??

:p J/K If it's leaking without being ran, it's probably the shift shaft leaking transmission fluid.

S.A.J
04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
yeah i did actually,i thought itd give it a nice touch :rolleyes:

its been ran about 1.5hrs,so i guess only way to stop that it tearing the motor apart again and a new gasket or sumthng in tht area? it dont bother anything though does it?

Scro
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
The shift shaft seal can be taken out with the motor still in the frame. Just remove the shifter, fish out the old seal with a screwdriver, and install the new seal. Make sure you put the seal on the right way, because you will damage it if try to take it back out. It's takes some patience to get the old seal off, but it can be done.

It could also be a bent shaft causing it to leak, though.

S.A.J
04-24-2009, 03:59 PM
well its got about 4.5hrs or so on a new shaft and i aint been ruff on it so i doubt its bent...mayb i'll try the seal somtime if i keep it,i'll prolly end up trading it for a dirtbike.

thanks for your help Scro