PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a KLX/DRZ 110?? I need some help.

NacsMXer
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a bone stock 2005 KLX 110. Since day one, it has had a really bad hesitation/bog if you quickly pin the throttle off idle. Like say i'm slowly putting along in 1st gear at 3 mph, I want to pull a wheelie and give it a healthy amount of throttle, and it'll just bog out.

If I work the throttle and get the RPM's up to sort of "wake up" the motor, it is ok. But slow riding, or off-idle it just stumbles out like its getting too much fuel.

I always thought this was just how these bikes are, but it's really starting to bug me. I'm in the Chicago area, so like ~700 ft above sea level.

Where do I start with this thing? Is the main jet too big? Also what does the air screw to the left of the big idle screw control? Would changing that help any?

Thanks for your replies!

wvspeedfreak
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Try adjusting the air screw.Ours was the same way and that helped the bog.

Ruby Soho
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
couple things you can do

your pilot jet may be clogged slightly if its been recently happening. you can mess with the A/F slightly it may help.

what a lot of people do with their 110's with stock carbs is bump the pilot to a 40/42 and put in a (i think) 80 or 85 main. you can also drill out the stock exhaust header at the beginning just like the stock 400 exhaust.. that helps alittle with the jetting.

400exrider707
04-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Mine has always done this too, but I've never really cared enough to adjust it haha, its one of those hop on and ride bikes. However on a recent ride I tried adjusting my idle and the bike hasn't run right ever since. I think it was just coincidence though.

I'm rebuilding it right now, it was on its original rings (2005 bike) and they were removed and put back into the original cylinder at least 3 times and she kept on ticking. I think she finally gave up on me haha.

NacsMXer
04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the replies...

wvspeedfreak, which way did you adjust the air screw and how many turns? I fiddled with it a little today. I tried turning out the air screw a half turn, then a full turn. Seemed to help a little but the bog was still there when I quickly pinned it off idle. It also slowed the idle down to the point that the motor stalled out. I tried to compensate with the idle screw but I couldn't get it back to idling how it does stock like 400exrider707 was saying. I didn't want to mess things up too bad so I turned the air screw back in and put everything back how it was stock.

Ruby Soho, I will check my carb out but I don't think it's dirty, it's always done this. You think bumping up the pilot will help off-idle response? I may try that if it does. I seriously think the main jet is too fat in mine. Not really sure what comes stock in it.

I was messing around with the bike today and if you are just sitting in neutral idling, and quickly chop the throttle to WOT, it spits a rev out the exhaust for a split second then bogs. It's consistent every time....spit/bog, spit/bog, etc. I will have to get a video of it and see if your bikes do the same thing. If you roll on the throttle to WOT slower, it revs up no problem.

I bought this bike for fun, and I want it to wheelie when I ask it, not of bog out and fall on its face lol. Like I said before, the only way I can get good wheelies going is if the motor is already singing in the RPM's. Chop the throttle going slow, and pull on the bars, and it doesn't want to :mad:

NacsMXer
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I took a vid of what the bike is doing. Tell me what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icH0t7qwcbU

Also what are some good forums for KLX/DRZ 110's?

Thanks ;)

JJs450r
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
my 110 did almost the same thing but would barley run it was caked up with old nasty gas had to clean the hole carb maybe this could be a issue

400exrider707
04-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I took a vid of what the bike is doing. Tell me what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icH0t7qwcbU

Also what are some good forums for KLX/DRZ 110's?

Thanks ;)

www.planetminis.com forum, theres not nearly as many members as here, but there are a few smart guys kicking around in the klx110 sections...

andrew450r
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
My drz does that same thing. It gets really annoying after a while