PDA

View Full Version : new problem...?

joeyds450x
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
i thought that my efi went out cuz it kept acting like it wasnt getting fuel so my dealer replaced the fuel pump and it still dont work... when youturn on the key all you can hear is a static type sound... now they have no idea wut is wrong and dont know what to do! anybody have any input on wut this could be? :confused:

this sucks so bad now im missing the second race of the season cause of this problem! :mad: :grr:

dbkbushwacker
04-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Did you try switching the relays in the front? Mine had a similar problem, the relay would make a buzzing or a clicking sound.

lynxmann
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Yep check your relays, definatly sounds like that could be your problem.

TNT
04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Doesn't your dealer have BUDDs to get a diagnostic code? What do you mean a "static sound"? You can try and swap the two outer relays, If the pump is coming on for a while then shuts off when you turn the key then it's not the fuel pump or relay or ECU. Where is the sound coming from, back by the battery perhaps the starter soleniod?

hotshotgoal30
04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
u are the man. i say that because u accuratly described the noise i hear on mine. i vut my wire and now the noise is there. but mine is when i shut the key off. i hear like a fizzing sound for maybe a second. no problems running to this day but it has always bothered me why it has been making this noise

joeyds450x
04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
wut are the relays? i dont know how to better describe it 4 ya tnt lol its like when you turn on your tv and you get static... thats the sound it makes when i turn my key on.. but my dealer just called around two and said its fixed so ill see what it was...

TNT
04-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Glad you got it fixed Joey! Good luck racin this weekend....

Just so know there are three relays right in front of your radiator up high under plastic. The two outer ones(fan and fuel) pump can be swapped. The middle one is the ECU and can not. These relays can go out often. I carry an xtra they are interchangeable and an xtra starter relay back by the battery...If thats goes out carry a jumper and jump from the battery + to the relay + to get it started fast or from the batt + to the starter. Handy little things that are cheap and can get you going in a hurry. :D

joeyds450x
04-24-2009, 03:57 PM
thanks tnt for the info and help.. hey how you likee them nerfs you got?

TNT
04-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Well my son loves them cuz the stock peg was an issue for him, he likes them wide that's why we invested the money, and they are REALLY wide...lol! And they bolt up so much better and I think they provide some bending strength to the casted peg attach I don't like.... That should help keep it from snapping off like we seen with Mr. Crixal.

joeyds450x
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
ya i think they were worth the 400 they costed me lol i cant wait to get them on... ya i dont want my fram to break lol thatd suck bad!

TNT
04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
ya i think they were worth the 400 they costed me lol i cant wait to get them on... ya i dont want my fram to break lol thatd suck bad!

Our only complaint was the hardware and fit up, they gave is two full size bolts that fit the holes through the casting peg attach boss good I don't know like 3/8 bolts, then gave us 1/4s for the others....What? We went and got the larger 3/8's and replaced all the 1/4's. I don't know if they were out of 3/8's or what but if they have not shipped yours yet call them and tell them they are wrong the bolts sizes are the larger in all the holes or the same or replace the smaller ones when you get them, blue lock tight too. Also they were not easy to get on the 09, lots of muscling but when done well worth the effort. :D

joeyds450x
04-25-2009, 05:24 AM
they should be here today, im getting my ds back around ten or so so hopefully theyll get here today so i can put them on for the race tmrw