PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problems.. What do i do ?

Muddinguy
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
So a week or so ago i ordered some fenders off eBay for my 400EX i wanted black fenders cause im changing the colors.. well i order them up the listed say red and black avail.. cool it says tell what color u want when u order.. go through whole order process and it never gives me a place to leave a message with payment.. so i send the seller a message IMMEDIATELY after completing checkout.. couple days later he sends me an eBay message saying "I will be sending red fenders as there were no special instructions sent with payment"
I then reply "NOOOO i need black fenders like i stated in the message i sent you immediately after payment Do not send red ones.." So it takes this dumb *** like 5 or 6 days just to ship them after that message So i figure he had to change something to get the black fenders to me ? meh no biggy quad's in pieces anyway.. well tues i got the fenders in and they're red.. red fenders are useless to me.. i already have red ones in the garage that were on it.. Dammit ! So ive tried calling their number 12 times left messages i just sent another ebay message in hopes that they will repsond.. i dont want to leave feedback til i know what will happen with this.. But I'm giving him a week to get the ball rolling on taking care of it.. If it goes south.. what should i do here ?? how do i file a claim with ebay/paypal since i was shipped the wrong item ..

Here's the listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140310372674

ps if anyone needs some 400EX rear fenders brand new in red let me know ill just skip right over this hassel

hypersnyper6947
04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Just go ahead and call ebay, they are extremely helpful, there customer service is awesome, thats what i would do.

Ferris
04-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Since you paid with paypal. You are able to send a note with your payment, that's where you should have sent a message saying that you wanted black. You might have overlooked it but there is a place to put a note with your payment. That's where I always check for messages on the items I sell on eBay. It says in the listing "Please tell me the color you would like when you pay" not after you pay, and I suspect they have a very good reason why.

The seller has a feedback of 36180 and currently has 3642 items listed for sale. If they get one message per item per day that's 3642 messages. Most likely they get overwhelmed with messages. I'd say that the eBay messages and the paypal payments probably go to seperate email addresses.

All that said, here's what you do. Be a little patient, if you called and left a message give them a day or two to call you back. If after a couple days they haven't called you bad or responded to your messages through eBay, then open a dispute with paypal. That is something they will notice when they check paypal to ship their items. Remember your dealing with a very large volume seller and like everywhere else they aren't able to devote as much time to customer service as the little guy can, so allot of times they will miss things.

Simply sign into paypal's webiste. Click on the resolution center. Then click on the yellow box that says dispute a transaction and just follow it from there. Most likely they'll tell you to send the red ones back and they'll ship you the black ones.

Hope it helps.

Muddinguy
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
thanks for the help.. But if they're that large of volume of seller they need to have more than ONE phone line and prob more than one guy running the show.. :rolleyes: