PDA

View Full Version : Quad Supermoto Event- Road America June 13 & 14

xsr_racing28c
04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
June 13th & 14th, 2009

Where: Road America - Motoplex ( Elkhart Lake, WI )

Post if you have any interest in coming to this event. Details are yet to be worked out. We just wanna bring you all some fun!

Jay

horgen
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Quad Supermoto at Road America would be awesome!

flattrack450
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
looking for interested riders. sunday june 14 at RA. one day only. check superbikers2.com for schedule. still details to be worked out, but a great opportunity has been put out by Glenn Curtiss for the quads to have another chance at the asphalt. email me with questions at aj.green@yahoo.com. I've also been asked to help organize the group so a head count asap would help tremendously.

thanks,
Tony Green

flattrack450
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
update.... extra incentive for those who were on the fence about coming. As long as we have at least 10 quads, Jay from Fourwerx (www.fwcarbon.com) has offered up a carbon fiber hood from his inventory for the winner. Big thanks to Jay and Fourwerx for his support for this event and the entire quad racing scene. Also Glenn Curtiss (www.gcmsports.com) is working with his vendors and will have some other goodies up for grabs. Still working on the details of that.

That's all for now. pm or email with questions.

Thanks,
Tony

flattrack450
06-09-2009, 07:46 PM
one last update. for those new to pavement, there's a few things you need to do for the sake of the track surface....
1. Catch can (water bottle, Gatorade bottle...) needs to be zip tied to the bike with all carb drain hose, overflows, etc, stuffed inside.
2. Clean the area around your oil drain plug and add a small amount of silicone to the area to prevent any chance of oiling down the track. I will try to remember some silicone and a torque wrench so we can double check everyone in tech.
3. Kill cord/tether... no explanation needed.

We'll have one very short first practice to check gearing and suspension, as well as two other 8-10 minute practice sessions. I lobbied Glenn for this and he was more than willing to grant my request for the extra practice session. We'll have a two moto format to finish the day. Be there by 10am at the latest. Enter gate 4 on the south end of the grounds off Hwy J. See attached...
http://www.roadamerica.com/userfiles/file/09%20Spectator%20Map.pdf

I expect we'll have at least 10 quads present. email me with questions.

Again a big thanks to Glenn Curtiss for giving us a go at this. Sure hope we can show him we mean business and can make another go of it in the future.

Thanks,
Tony Green