PDA

View Full Version : dual or triple rate??

trailrider894
04-23-2009, 08:21 AM
i'm picking up some springs from hygear suspension or works and i am wondering whether to get triple rate springs or dual rate ?? the shocks are 450rs on a 400ex. i plan on getting them revavled sometime soon after i install the springs. ( i was told by gtthunder and a couple other places that they will install the spring kit if you send it in with the shocks.)

Scro
04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
If I were you, I would let your shock builder order the spring rates. That way you know the rates will be correct. And if the spring rates were to be wrong, they would be able to work with you, as far as pricing is concerned, on getting the correct springs.

On another note, I've had nothing but bad luck out of GT Thunder. Several friends, and I all agree that his shocks all seem to be too soft. I sent a set of shocks back to him twice, and after they still weren't right, I went elsewhere.

Although I've never used them to rework my shocks, I've heard that C&D (site sponsor), does great work.

Rivieraracing
04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I love my dual rate works fronts on my banshee, I told works that I was a 350lb rider (I am only 220) and an aggressive dune rider and jumper and they are the perfect setup for me!!