PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying suspension...

Titanium
04-23-2009, 07:56 AM
So i was just curious. How come i go on Houser racing's web site and i see that the kit is 2800$ for my quad and then i get on Golden West and find it for A little over 1000$. http://www.goldenwestcycle.com/productinfo_item_298-dc_550.htm

Whats the deal with that? Anybody got any ideas?

Sick0
04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
lowend parts vs highend parts....

Titanium
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
whats the disadvantages between the two? Should i consider long travel? i'm into alot of freestyle and mx.

Titanium
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Also... since im buying an RPM dominator II axle will my stock hubs and carrier bearing work?

ohioEX
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
The kit from Golden West is for Regular Travel A-Arms with Base Model Elka shocks. They don't appear to have compression or rebound adjustments.

If you got through Houser, you will be getting their Long Travel Pro Series A-Arms and High End shocks.

Go with the Long Travels, its well worth it!

P.S. you should be fine with the stock carrier and hubs for the RPM axle.

John Houser
04-25-2009, 04:20 AM
The Houser A-Arm set is $875 for Rt or LT. On the 2009 YFZ450R the OEM shock is longer than previos years & the RT a-arms will work great for most riders. We relocated the shock mount so that the ATV will set correcly with narrow a-arms with XC tires and with MX tires with wide a-arms and give you 10.5" of wheel travel.

If you have a 2009 YFZ450R it is a MUST to purchase our patented TRICTRAC upgrade, $250. The upper a-arm on this quad adds caster as it is compressed, which is opposite to what you want. If you, or someone that you know, own one of these, you know that it just does not handle like the previous years. If you put the TRICTRAC system on, it makes the quad handle extremely well. If you do not have this, the quad will not handle correctly, no matter what you do it.

Two weeks ago the GNCC Yamaha team called us & asked us to help. We put our upper TRICTRAC a-arms on four of their YFZ450R ATVs. Traci Cecco's has been struggling with her quad all year & had not won all year. She puts he TRICTRAC system on & wins the GNCC womens class at Lorreta Lynn's. Bill Ballance & Brandon Sommers have not won all year, they use the Upper TRICTRAC a-arm & finish 1 & 2 overall at the same race.

Maybe suspension does make a difference!!!

These professional riders put a tremdous effort into their race program. It was a pleasure to work with them.

John Houser
Houser Racing