PDA

View Full Version : 450R Master Cylinder Issue

fauxamish
04-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Tried posting this in the 450R section, but no luck, so now you guys get a crack at it...

I got the front 450R brakes for my 400ex and installed new stainless brakelines. The problem I am having is with bleeding them. I got a master cylinder from the same guy that I got the brakes from, but I cannot get it to pump fluid. There was a little fluid in it when I put everything together, so I dumped it out, then refilled it and pulled the lever. After trying to bleed the brakes for over a half hour, I started checking farther up the lines to see if there was any fluid. I eventually got to the master cylinder when the brake line is off, no fluid comes out when I pull the lever. Am I missing something obvious?

I took the master cylinder off and took the plunger out and everything seems ok. I made sure the hole under the valve inside was cleaned, but I am unsure about the second hole. I am using a 400ex Clymer manual and it made no mention of it. Is this supposed to be open? Thank you for any insights you may have.

I have my old master cylinder, but I don't know if there is a big difference. They seem the same. I only got a new one because mine has a screw snapped off in it from the previous owner.

fauxamish
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Nevermind, I spent $1.13 on 4' of 3/16 tubing and just sucked the fluid down and out of the bleeder valves. Brakes are super now.