PDA

View Full Version : race fuel

vindell
04-23-2009, 06:23 AM
can I run vp fuel in a stock 70 viper, looking into street blaze 100,
or ms109, or ms109-e. VP's chart says for stock application. Are there any negatives to running in a stock machine. Just like the smell of race fuel, lol.

Nichols Atvs
04-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Stock machine dose not really need that much octane 91-93 would work best .

dwhst9
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
You're wasting your money and will more than likely make less power (if you don't advance the timing).

wvspeedfreak
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Ditto on what these guys said.In a stock machine the only thing race fuel is going to do is make it smell better.

XXX -rider
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
^ ....perhaps run a tad cooler ;)

wvspeedfreak
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
^ ....perhaps run a tad cooler ;)

Perhaps,due to the lead.My point was that the higher octane was not needed on a stock engine.
I have to admit though...I have run Turbo Blue before just because it smelled good :p

Nichols Atvs
04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
if you want your fuel exhaust to smell check out thisweb site! www.palmerracingfuels.com/additives.htmace.:D :D :D

wvspeedfreak
04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
LOL,I used to work with a guy that ran that stuff in his dragster.

mfr422
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Summit racing sells that stuff too, I use the grape on my 250r when it's on methanol at the dunes, makes the exhaust smell good!!

PoorBoyz
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I was told by a well respected sportbike mechanic that if you get your mixture right, approx. 1/2 - 1 gal. of racing fuel to the rest of a tank of gas will make the machine run cooler and produce more power. He stated that you can tell the perfect fuel/air mixture by the exhaust tip turning white. I have tested the theory in multiple atv's and sportbikes and have been able to produce more power and run cooler with his mixture on stock bikes and you get the wonderful smell everyone loves of racing fuel. I prefer Cam2 myself.

dwhst9
05-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by PoorBoyz
I was told by a well respected sportbike mechanic that if you get your mixture right, approx. 1/2 - 1 gal. of racing fuel to the rest of a tank of gas will make the machine run cooler and produce more power. He stated that you can tell the perfect fuel/air mixture by the exhaust tip turning white. I have tested the theory in multiple atv's and sportbikes and have been able to produce more power and run cooler with his mixture on stock bikes and you get the wonderful smell everyone loves of racing fuel. I prefer Cam2 myself.

If the bikes needed more octane, then they would've made more power with a mix of race fuel. However, if your setup doesn't require it, you will make less power.

Logan #34's Dad
05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Anybody know where to find a chart for what octane to run with compression? It's my understanding that compression is directly related to the required octane.

Nichols Atvs
05-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey Rocky try this. http://vpracingfuels.com/fuels_leaded.asp

PoorBoyz
05-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by dwhst9
If the bikes needed more octane, then they would've made more power with a mix of race fuel. However, if your setup doesn't require it, you will make less power.

I don't buy into that one bit. Why would they sell octane boosters and other products of the such if playing with your fuel mixture wouldn't help anything? In order to get more power, you have to have the proper fuel / air mixture. A stock setup does not give you this, therefore if you play with the fuel mixture or the air flow, you can achieve it.

LT80
05-07-2009, 06:47 AM
"It's my understanding that compression is directly related to the required octane."
You are correct Rocky.
There is no more power to be found with over octaning a low compression motor.

dwhst9
05-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by PoorBoyz
I don't buy into that one bit. Why would they sell octane boosters and other products of the such if playing with your fuel mixture wouldn't help anything? In order to get more power, you have to have the proper fuel / air mixture. A stock setup does not give you this, therefore if you play with the fuel mixture or the air flow, you can achieve it.

IMO, octane boosters are snake oil. Static compression is just part of the total equation for octane requirement.

vindell
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
updraded engine, included koso cylinder, koso intake and reeds, keihn 20mm carb, drr pipe, clutckh kit . race fuel now or regular high test. removed oil pump, mixing 50:1 beanol now. Will have back from shop on Monday ! Can't wait