PDA

View Full Version : a uni-filter on eton 70

vindell
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Have a stovk 05 viper 70, want to eliminate stock filter, what mod's must be done to carb. Also removed oil injection system

pitviperacing
05-02-2009, 05:36 AM
You will need to rejet the carb as the uni filter will suck more air, that's about it.
I think I have a new uni filter for a stock carb if your intested in it I'll double check my parts rack

vindell
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
installed, bogs if under full acceleration?

pitviperacing
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
did you put a bigger main jet in already or is it the stock size yet??

vindell
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Stock size I beleive stock is a 85

pitviperacing
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
probly need about a 95 maybe, just something you have to keep playing with till its right. Sorry carb's always give me hard time

Gotta be some carb guys on here to help out??

masanz1
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I know with mine, I put a 24mm Keinhin carb with the Uni and pulled the spark arrestor out of the stock exhaust at first. It ran fine. You need to go to a bigger jet if you do not want to change carbs. I would just buy a jet kit and change jets until it runs good. Stock, I believe, is an 88 according to my specs.

vindell
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
replaced cylinder w/ a koso I got of the forum. stock machine. first run about 10 minutes, seems to be fine, waiting for it to cool down to take another spin. old stock vylinder had alot of blow by, reoalced ring's a few day's ago. after warming up compression no good. will take iit for a run after dinner, any advice to get the full advantage of this cylinder. Please keep in mind I;m on a wife budget > lol !!

masanz1
05-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by vindell
replaced cylinder w/ a koso I got of the forum. stock machine. first run about 10 minutes, seems to be fine, waiting for it to cool down to take another spin. old stock vylinder had alot of blow by, reoalced ring's a few day's ago. after warming up compression no good. will take iit for a run after dinner, any advice to get the full advantage of this cylinder. Please keep in mind I;m on a wife budget > lol !!

always easier to ask forgiveness than permission:devil:.....The Keihin cost me $50 used. One thing you need to realize is one performance part added will most like result in another needed to get the most out of you first part,,,and it ain't cheap. Buying used from reputable people is your best bet.