PDA

View Full Version : Clutch bolt!

monkeyballs
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok well.. Im having a big problem torquing this clutch locking bolt down. I put 2 old clutch plates on and clamped it down with 2 vice grips then I put a shop rag between the gears. I tried to torque it down to 80 like it sais in the book.. But I can only get it torqued to 53 ft/lb. And I know this since I set it to 53 and torqued it till it cliced and I had a REALY hard time. What do you guys do??? Pleas give me some advice. And with the shop rag its even hard to hold the engine down. Ty

Bracer Buechli

monkeyballs
04-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Any one???? I realy need help. Im getting so anoyed. Now I managed to get it up to 60ft/lb. Do I even need to get it up to the 80?????????? :-s What do you guys do????

Sanddraging28
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
i have had the same problems before. i tried the rag trick at first and could never get it to 80. i went and bought a clutch holder and got a friend to help and then got it to 80.
this is one of those parts that you want to get the right torque on...

Honda#4
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
You definently need a clutch holder tool thats the only way to get the proper torque I tried holding it and cut my hand to crap so it aint worth getting cut up for a simple task.

monkeyballs
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! HOLY CRUD! I took a rag.. jamed it.. 2 old clutch plats 2 vice grips... I strattled the engine on my work bench and then forced like.. My arm is seriously dead.. Unbelievably hard to do on your own.. Thanks thought. In the future I will for sure invest in a clutch holder.

Bracer Buechli