PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem

hutch08
04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey everyone, new user here...

I recently picked up a 1998 Yamaha Warrior 350 for my girlfriend to ride, it was in good shape and just needed a good cleaning. The bike ran fine... until I took it to the car wash. Gave the bike a good hosing down, and since then it wont start. I fired it up right away and it ran for a minute or so then it died. Theres a brand new battery and starter. I also access to a 1994?? parts quad. The neutral light comes on, the main fuse is fine theres just no signal going to the starter solenoid. With the key ON, press the Start button and I get nothing in return. Main fuse is good, I tried swapping solenoids and relays but still nothing. I followed the troubleshooting guide in my manual, tested for continuity and the switches are good, theres power going to both relays, switches, solenoids, CDI etc... I cant find any broken wires so the only thing I'm left with is the possibility that a relay is busted, or the CDI. I dont know if it makes a difference but when i turn on the key the green relay clicks and feels kind of warm, but the white dosnt. Even when I bypass the starter solenoid with a screwdriver the motor will crank, but theres no spark from the plug. Can someone please help me here, Im lost and need this thing fixed ASAP...

Thanks,

MIKE

jesse350x
04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
hey man,im having the same problems on my 2004 warrior.ive tried everything u have still nothing.on myne im going to replace all the eletrical,u should try that if nothing else works.

hutch08
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Yah, im gonna pick up some new relays this week, hopefully thats my problem.... if it still dosnt work im gonna try and swap out the entire harness... i have a 1992 parts quad, the wiring looks the same but the connectors and CDI's are different, any idea if it will still work? i've also heard about stator issues, but i dont know how that would effect anything...