PDA

View Full Version : setting up aftermarket suspension

zwark
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
i have custom axis triple rate shocks with zps in the front and a tcs sport series in the rear and i am having some trouble setting them up. there are many adjustments on them and i'm not exactly sure what do to. any tips? they are set up for my weight and riding style, but they throw me around when i am riding. i think the rebound is set too high because if i'm sitting down and rolling over deep bumps the suspension throws me up to nearly a standing position. also when i'm going at high speeds my quad wants to turn so i have to fight to keep it going in a straight line. this didn't happen with my stock shocks.

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I wish someone with suspension knowledge would answer you b/c i want to know more about how to set up aftermarket suspension too, I would say post this in the suspension section but i have asked there before with no luck. So here it goes back to the top.

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd be willing to bet that someone is gonna toss us a link about doing this with 40 pages of tuning to read through because we didn't search :) but I'm interested to read it also as I've never done the research. If anyone's got an explanation or a link that would be great. I bet someone has done it in regards to setting up the 450 shocks. Maybe I should search that.

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 02:54 PM
On gtthunder.com there is some good info on how to set up, but i want in lamemans terms what each adjustment means and how it affects your ride,

drew416ex
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
gtthunder has a nice article about setting up your suspension. Also, the only way I have found so far to get the buck out of the rear end even with aftermarket shocks is with the gt thunder linkage. Also email gtthunder. They are pretty good about answering questions like that.

zwark
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah i need some typical explanations, not some scientific crap :p

any smarties out there care to help a fellow out?

drew416ex
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by zwark
yeah i need some typical explanations, not some scientific crap :p

any smarties out there care to help a fellow out?

If you took time to learn the scientific crap, you wouldnt be waiting on someone to respond.