PDA

View Full Version : setting up suspension

zwark
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
i have custom axis triple rate shocks with zps in the front and a tcs sport series in the rear and i am having some trouble setting them up. there are many adjustments on them and i'm not exactly sure what do to. any tips? they are set up for my weight and riding style, but they throw me around when i am riding. i think the rebound is set too high because if i'm sitting down and rolling over deep bumps the suspension throws me up to nearly a standing position. also when i'm going at high speeds my quad wants to turn so i have to fight to keep it going in a straight line. this didn't happen with my stock shocks.

zwark
04-22-2009, 05:35 PM
come on, i know there are some smart people on here, i need to know this and i'm sure many other people would also like to know.

racernorris
04-23-2009, 08:22 PM
did you buy these shocks new, (set up for you and your equipment) or used?

if used, were they valved and sprung for your weight and type of riding your doing (mx/xc/trail).

rebound adjustment is fast or slow one or the other! i am not sure what you mean about high rebound.

if the quad bucks you off the set, that usually means you have the shock set to fast, unless the shock was setup for a much heavier rider! there are to many questions unanswered.

Norris

zwark
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
i bought them new set up for my weight and type of riding but i have lost about 15 pounds since i got them. what i meant by high rebound was fast rebound. going over whoops the rear shock throws me into an almost standing position.

ccdhowell
04-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Turn the rebound adjuster in a couple clicks and try it like that. This will slow the rebound down. If you need slower after you've ridden it, then turn it until you like it. It is often rewarding to spend the time to learn to adjust your shocks for your riding style.