PDA

View Full Version : Help me Decide!

exrider12
04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
What color scheme should i go with? I have red plastics.I was thinking Red plastics, white hood (suggestionson which one), white hand guards, Graphics(suggestions), and im not sure on the frame color. Or i can just go honda red and black.

And im looking to start racing next year so any parts that you guys would suggest for me. I have nerfs and a tether so cross those off.

THANKS

motofreak2772
04-21-2009, 07:38 PM
red and white looks good. as for parts, read the how to make a pro level quad post, those are pretty much the best things you can buy.

exrider12
04-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Im thinking im gonna do red and white..

Ehh those parts are kinda out of my budget.. How are houser slicast long travel a arms and elka long travel quad rate ssd compression adjustable piggy back shocks?

motofreak2772
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I know a lot of people with housers... that should be fine. as for the shocks I would suggest saving up and getting fox or pep. I know its a bit expensive but you will be much happier in the end. But if you really dont want to save up, or really cant... anything is better than stock and as long as you set it up right it should serve you good.

exrider12
04-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Trust me i would love to run fox or peps but the houser a arms and elka shocks are on ebay as a package for 1800 shipped. Unless i run across a good deal on used fox or peps shocks il prob be running the elkas. And what about an axle? I heard different stories about the g -force and nothing bad about the rpm dominator II axle

exrider12
04-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Trust me i would love to run fox or peps but the houser a arms and elka shocks are on ebay as a package for 1800 shipped. Unless i run across a good deal on used fox or peps shocks il prob be running the elkas. And what about an axle? I heard different stories about the g -force and nothing bad about the rpm dominator II axle

motofreak2772
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah the RPM is definatley the best, but gforce is cheaper. you get what you pay for. Im pretty sure you get a warranty with both but ive never bent my rpm, yet ive bent the g force a couple times(they were replaced each time) so its up to you. they will both work.

eastcoastpro20
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM
do not get fox air shocks, they are great shocks but should be reguarly rebuilt every 3 - 4 racees to keep them at their peak performance.

exrider12
04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Ya thats another thing i need reliability. But any other color combos?

d3ktrix
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Another vote for the RPM axle from me.
LSRs are pretty durable but a lot people have trouble with the hubs coming loose the sprocket hubs wearing out on the splines.
And the gforces, I wouldn't use 1 again if they were free. Spend too much time taking them out and sending it back for warranty. lol

Team is also supposed to be good, but I've never used one or known anyone with one.

mpblaster287
04-23-2009, 11:28 PM
If youre in a hurry then go with what you can afford with the front end but if you are patient and look around there are plenty of deals to take advantage of. I picked up a set of JB +2 3/8 LT arms on here for $275 and a set of LT 20" PEP big bottles for $475...IMO thats a better set up than a houser elka and I spent over a $1000 less. I like the red and white combo but white frames are a pain to keep clean. The black frame on the how to build a pro bike looks super clean.

exrider12
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Alright. And i have a question about the two wires that allow you to start in gear. I cut them and do i have to solder them to together? Or can i can i like twist them together?

04-24-2009, 10:11 PM
you can just splice them together. or "twist them"