PDA

View Full Version : My 450r carb installation

BassHunter0123
04-21-2009, 03:59 PM
just letting everyone know who is interested or is thinking about doing his how my installation went. first this is not just a simple bolt on procedure for doing it the first time. when i first got mine on it sheared my timing key, so i put my stock one back in. first setting were 185 main 50 pilot and needle 3rd notch and my screw out maybe a fuzz over 2 turns out. it ran ok i had wierd idle issues and i had backfiring on decel and start up. after many talks with zrpilot. i still have a 185/50 and my fuel screw is now 3 turns out and my needle is on the 4th notch down. and even without my timing key i can tell a big difference. has a very strong pull throughout the gears. i will get another key and put it in and see what happens. i also an still using the 400ex fuel line just did a little scraping with a razor blade on the inside that connects to the carb. also while i was doing this i figured it was a good time to clean everything under the plastics. i will keep this updated with any problems that may arise and what happens with the timing key when i get another one. thanks zrpilot