PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that doesn't cause Global Warming???

54warrior
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Do Fat People Cause Global Warming?

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k416/acercrosby/1_61_obesity.jpg

AP

Some fries with that? A Londoner dines al fresco.

The rising number of fat people was blamed for global warming on Monday.

Scientists warned that the increase in big eaters means more food production — a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet.

Overweight people are also more likely to drive, adding to environmental damage.

Dr. Phil Edwards, of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said: "Moving about in a heavy body is like driving in a gas guzzler."

Each fat person is said to be responsible for emitting a ton more of climate-warming carbon dioxide per year than a thin one.

It means an extra billion tons of CO2 a year is created, according to World Health Organization estimates of overweight people.

The scientists say providing extra grub for them to guzzle adds to carbon emissions that heat up the world, melting polar ice caps, raising sea levels and killing rain forests.

• Click here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2387203.ece) to read the rest of this story in the Sun.

04-21-2009, 05:22 PM
This Global Warming is such liberal bullcrap I can't even stand it. Humans are NOT causing Global Warming and it doesn't exist. It's just another way for liberals to control every move we make and everything we do. The only reason Al Gore pushes it so much, is money. He owns huge shares in the Carbon Offset program. So he goes around claiming global warming, and telling people to buy carbon offsets, which results in him getting more money. Everythings about the $$$ these days.

And it's rediculous. All this talk of the Polar ice caps melting, it's such bullcrap. Yes, the ice is melting in the north, but NEWSFLASH, it's not global warming. Scientists NOT funded by the government to prove global warming is real, actually made a discovery that it's a polar shift causing all this. The south/Antarctica is actually GROWING in size, more water freezing into ice. The north is melting because of the polar shift and the south is growing.

I don't care what anybody tells me, global warming is just another hoax and scam to get money.

04-21-2009, 05:53 PM
manbearpig lol al gore is an idiot he cruises around in a private jet then complains about gases and such when his plain produces huge amounts of these harmful gases. The planet has always been on a cycle and cows produce i believe the most methane and they have been here long before cars and such. global warming is real but not how it is portrayed by the media yay 1 degree difference over 100years.

RaptorRacer45
04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
100% Crap

I Agree with whats said above.....Global Warming does not exist

tri5ron
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
all I know is,
it was 99 degrees here yesterday,...
but cooled down to a nice balmy 97 degrees today.

and this is April???

I think Gore must have flown over my house with a cow onboard.

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 12:12 AM
you guys are right, it is crap

97% of the carbon emitted into the atmosphere is from decaying plants and other natural crap, not from us.

Al gore is a tard,

tri5ron
04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
[i]
Al gore is a tard, [/B]

he obviously isn't going to be suffering from loneliness.

04-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Tri5on, I don't know about where you live, but up here, it's been 30-40 degree days up until recently, and it's still chilly. The whole United States also had record snowfall just recently.

foxhonda, thanks for reminding me about that. I love how he flies around in that huge jumbo jet that burns thousands of gallons of fuel, then has the balls to tell us to by hybrids because we're destroying the environment?:huh

manbearpig:chinese:

Mxjunkie
04-22-2009, 05:15 AM
I was reading on the news the other day they are blaming India for the 250 million cows they have.. According to the EPA the cow's farts and scat make gases that cause global warming..

So I guess next time I fart I better light it or put a air filter on my arse.. :blah:

Ralph
04-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Its not the global warming im worried about.

I do think that we have to live cleaner and protect what we have for future generations.

The other thing about all this is clean energy is that its completely renewable.

Once these systems are in place we wont depend on the middle east and wont have to worry about competing with china and India over their precious gas.

F-16Guy
04-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Right now, the hippie baby-boomers are running things and have all of the cash, so that's who's getting exploited. Who better to brainwash about "Mother Earth is dying!" than a bunch of rich, washed up hippies having a mid-life crisis? The generation before them were duped with the "commie" conspiracies, and the new generation will probably be exploited by some kind of a "tech" emergency. Humans are herd animals. All you have to do is spook a few, and the rest just run right along with them. Moooooo.:eek:

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Moooooooo! i think you have a point there F-16guy most people dont think for themselves and are indeed followers, the government feeds off these people and relies on there stupidity.

Ralph
Im with you on that one, we do need to worry about oil, thats a real problem we will run out in our lifetime, the argument between scientist is some say we will run out it 20 years and some say we will run out in 40 years, either way were gonna run out.

04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Moooooooo! i think you have a point there F-16guy most people dont think for themselves and are indeed followers, the government feeds off these people and relies on there stupidity.

Ralph
Im with you on that one, we do need to worry about oil, thats a real problem we will run out in our lifetime, the argument between scientist is some say we will run out it 20 years and some say we will run out in 40 years, either way were gonna run out.

That I have to disagree on. That's a false statement. Yes, Saudia Arabia will run out in that amount of time, but they are not the only oil area. Did you know that the United States alone (including Alaska) actually has more oil then Saudia Arabia? We could power our country for another couple hundred years.

Thats another reason I wanted McCain/Palin in. They had plans to create refinaries and start drilling this untapped oil in. But with Obama in office there will be no mention of this oil like it doesn't exist. Because it's the liberals way of controlling people, pushing people into this little "utpoia" where everyone drives hybrids and is green.

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 01:36 PM
hmmmmm

Rastus
04-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Personally, I think the most viable renewable energy source in the future is going to be solar. It's clean, it's free to everyone, and as soon as someone can figure out a way to make panels or material cheap enough/fast enough it will take off. Couple a solar system with a wind generator(s) and you get even better returns. Granted, these systems will require batteries, but you can recycle those. Whoever figures out a way to make a cheap, easy to make solar panel that will bend to fit contours will be a very very rich person.

Add into this the advances we are seeing in electric/air/other energy cars, and the potential is just huge.

If I was looking to make a future electric car, it would have the ability to plug into your house to charge while having a regular gas engine backup. Add onto this car the flexible, easy to make solar cells, and the car can charge itself while your at work while its sitting in the parking lot.

I forget the exact numbers and don't have the stats handy, but I recall hearing that the sun puts off enough energy in one day to power us for a year. The trick will be capturing it.

04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I had an idea and im amazed no one has tried it yet.

A full electric car. It doesn't have to be super powerful but driveable. But instead of being a electric motor assisting the gas motor, why not make it the other way around? The problem with full electric is as soon as you start driving power slowly declines. I would mount a big enough generator on the car somewhere, to automatically start charging the batteries when they start to get somewhat low. That way you never have to plug the car in, or worry about loosing power. The generator doesn't have to run 24/7, only to charge the batteries as your driving. Modern generators are quiet and use very little gas, it would be the equivelent of a 200mpg+ car lol

jcs003
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
perpetual motion machine!

tri5ron
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
perpetual motion machine! or how about "flubber" ?

coryatver
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
global warming is bull.
It is just natural climate changes.
I can't stand the hypocrites like al gore telling people to cut back and save energy and blah blah when he is riding around in a private jet and living in a huge mansion and driving a suv.

JOEX
04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
or how about "flubber" ?
I have a recipe for that stuff somewhere....:p

Borax, Elmer's glue and one or two other things

04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have a recipe for that stuff somewhere....:p

Borax, Elmer's glue and one or two other things

corn starch lol

Rastus
04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I had an idea and im amazed no one has tried it yet.

A full electric car. It doesn't have to be super powerful but driveable. But instead of being a electric motor assisting the gas motor, why not make it the other way around? The problem with full electric is as soon as you start driving power slowly declines. I would mount a big enough generator on the car somewhere, to automatically start charging the batteries when they start to get somewhat low. That way you never have to plug the car in, or worry about loosing power. The generator doesn't have to run 24/7, only to charge the batteries as your driving. Modern generators are quiet and use very little gas, it would be the equivelent of a 200mpg+ car lol

This actually does exist. The Chevy Volt (http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar/) uses this concept. Plug the car in at night to charge during off-peak hours. The car doesn't look too bad looking at the front, but the rear end is just completely ugly. I don't know exactly what they're trying to achieve with that rear end design, but if they came out with one that looked like a normal sedan I think many more would be interested.

If I was GM I would take their Volt and make it look like a normal four door sedan, and add on solar cells to it. Most people don't drive that far to work and the volt is supposed to be able to drive fourty miles without using gas.

RATPACK Z400
04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
we are doing alot of damage with are power plants and factories thats for sure but its alot of natural effects too, the poles are shifting and the earths rotating differently causes changes ,Has been happening for millons of years (sorry for those of you that think that god created earth thousands of years ago). But we need to filter are power plants and factories some how, and decress some effects it will built up after years and haunt us in years to come .as in oil Iraq sits on the most, they,re the next sandi arabri ,that why we are there now to get price cuts for the future! IMO believe you me we didn,t fight for mass weapon of destuction,OIL!

XXX -rider
04-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Is there anything that doesn't cause Global Warming???
..spending time with M.I.L.F. 's :macho

buck440
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
why do the have to make hybrids look so gay? i just feel sorry for anybody who drives one.

tri5ron
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by buck440
why do the have to make hybrids look so gay? i just feel sorry for anybody who drives one.
Havent you seen the new "Sport Line" ???

Smorvette...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smart1.jpg

Smaudi A3 AWD...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smart2.jpg

Smamborghini...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smart3.jpg

Smorsche...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smart4.jpg

Smorsche Targa...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smart5.jpg

Smerarri...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smartcars.jpg

F-16Guy
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
global warming is bull.
It is just natural climate changes.
I can't stand the hypocrites like al gore telling people to cut back and save energy and blah blah when he is riding around in a private jet and living in a huge mansion and driving a suv.

X2.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html