PDA

View Full Version : clutch

lilman
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
we have a direct drive conversion 125 motor damon hates it can i convert this to a full manual clutch?

etondaddy
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes you can but it's not cheep. The parts from Classic Honda are about a grand and there's some machine work and other parts needed. We were going to do that but I'm not putting that kind of money in it when he's starting on the 300ex. Call McVay Racing....Charlies number's on Kyle's web page on the sponsor page. Tell him fat Mike sent yea....lol

Mike Kozura

mcatvme
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I dont know wot machine work is needed ours didnt need anything but a crank change. Wot I do know is you have to move the motor mount.. The quad will rev quicker also because theres less drag on the crank...

ROBBSRACING
04-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Im not sure why he would hate the direct drive. Kids everywhere are running it with no troubles. To go to a manual clutch with the set up you are allready running is not so bad actually. All you need for parts is the manual clutch side cover, cable, and lever. You will need to get the clutch basket spacing just rite and rework the motor mount.