PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara, OK | Wild Experence..

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Well while I was at the dunes today (tuesday), I had a wild experence. To start it off, I was running around like normal, watching a pair of quads jumpin on the fresh razer hills that where made from the 30+ mph winds the few days ago. About an hour or two after that I was crusing around, went to top a hill and before I know it I hear the rapping up of two 400ex's dead straight infront of me. It just happens to be those two quads I was watching earler, where jumping the other side of the hill that I was climbing. Well they basicly flew over my head, both at the same time, on on each side of me. Not sure if they hit my flag pole, I think they where both on the side of it.

To say the least, it scared that crap outta me. I'm just glad they are good jumpers. :rolleyes:

Just wish it was on tape... :devil

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 01:16 AM
I would have soiled myself then and there

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Yeah, it was about the worst incedent ive had at the dunes. But the strange thing is, there couldnt have been over 6 other atv's in 1500 acres of the dunes.. and I just had to come and meet'em.

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 01:30 AM
I wonder if those two ever come to these forums? :D

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 01:32 AM
haha, ya never know, i see sandtrix almost everytime i go out there.

BTW, do you recall drag racing a bright red 250r? That trike of yours looks familiar.

later/Alex

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Hmm.. I dont think I have ever lined up on the drag strip. I always ride blue shirts when I go.. heh. Usualy my fox shirts. I have gone the friday of thanksgiving, and tuesday, only twice.

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 01:46 AM
hehe, here is what a photo Would have looked like if someone could have been there to take a pic............:cool:

wow...

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 01:50 AM
haha, back in the day when the 310 was still a 250 there was a trike that looked bone stock, and he beat me every time, then he said that it was a 300, so i was just wondering if that was you, later/alex

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Nope, aint me. We will have to wait to see how good my 500r three wheeler turns out.........

Hook me up some time if you want, and I'll be there in 25 minutes ;)

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 02:20 AM
Cool, we probably wont be goin back out til spring, but ill post about it to see if anyones goin, so maybe we can al go ride.

Your lucky being only 25 minuits away grr, im jealous, lol, i gotta 4 hour drive

CHAUNCY
01-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Instinctz
Nope, aint me. We will have to wait to see how good my 500r three wheeler turns out.........

Hook me up some time if you want, and I'll be there in 25 minutes ;)

IM gonna put a cr500 engine in a 250r frame. Have u started on your project yet???

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 11:56 AM
I just found an engine, I have the frame, and swign arm. My first part of the project will be fitting the frame, and extending the swing arm +8. But no, I havnt done much yet because I havnt gotten the engine yet.

One of the hardest parts will be fitting the custom exaust..:mad:

SandTrix
01-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Maybe we can meet up some day and have a little race between the Hondas.

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey man! havent seen ya around here in a while, i think i left ya a PM, but i dont remember what it was about.

later/Alex

roostin_dale
01-01-2003, 06:25 PM
lol..i like that pic you made..sounds like it was scary

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Hehe, my 83 atc250r wont wromp anything, but it'll hold its own... for now. After I finish this atc500r, I might build a trx500r. But most likily I will keep the three wheeler the way it is. I kinda would like to build either a dune buggie, or odyessy type.
But I still have a ton of stuff to buy, and do to finish this current project.

I'm starting a group for oklahoma / sahara riders, so just let me know if you we can meet up. I'm goin to have a website, newsletter if we want it (email) and shirts, stickers, flags, what ever else I can find to set us up.

But untill then I will just cruise around on my 83, and atleast try and keep up with you big bad quads.

Fender Bender
01-01-2003, 06:55 PM
youll keep up, lol.

there was a chick we brought with us last time and she was on a bone stock atc250r, and she had no problem keepn up, i wasnt takin it easy either:eek: :p we could have a problem here;)

Instinctz
01-01-2003, 07:18 PM
hehe, there is alot of folks that think three wheelers are slow, and granted most of the oldest models are, but the perfomance three wheelers that came out in 85-86, if you know about the tech specs, you would swear they had a time machine and came to the 20th century to build those suckers.

It takes a special rider to ride one, I personal like them because I have grown up on them (no im not old, only 16.) and I just love the feel and ride of them. Not to mention they do still turn some heads (maybe not always for the good reason) but hey, I like attention. I also like them because they are light weight, and help keep ya out of the sand. Not as easy to jump as a quad though.

But the reason I said I might have trouble keeping up, I ride a 83 250r, which is air cooled and only has 5 gears. The later, watercooled, models have 6 gears, and are much much faster, and nicer.

A bone stock 86 250r, should be able to keep up with a banshee, maybe lose some in drag, but top end is about the same. A ported, piped, reeds, and other mods will help it beat most anything stock, and even mild worked machines.

I hope to meet with you all and go riding in sahara soon!

skinrider440
01-26-2003, 10:57 PM
just let everone know ill damn sure be there