PDA

View Full Version : bad news gets worse

JJs450r
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Well I'm out for what looks like 3 months and a chance I won't be able to race again I broke and fractured a small bone in the top of my foot that's hard to heal with good rest and a lot of elevation ill find out in ten days whether or not I gotta have surgery or not so I'm pretty bummed I focused a lot of my time on atv mx :-/

dehner47
04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
that totally sucks about the ankle. let it rest and try to get it to heal a fast as possible.

but trust me when i tell ya, dont let anyone tell you that you cant ride or race anymore. i've had a few bone breaks that dr.'s to me i can ride/race anymore. just take the time to heal right and get back to doing what you do. might take longer then you want. but trust me, you'll feel much happier once your healed and can bang bars again.

tach13
04-21-2009, 11:03 AM
yeah just stay positive. negitive thinking will eat you up. just focus on being ready for when you can ride again.

quad2xtreme
04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Don't rush it then Jeremy. One of the greatest linebackers in the NFL retired due to a broken toe (Jack Lambert of the Steelers).

/Jon

JJs450r
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
ya sucks 3 months is a long time and im hoping for the best but if all goes wrong i can fall back on another dream ive had for a long time and thats to build a chevelle or nova soo i guess i can be happy either way but id much rather be racing

Quad18star
04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
ya sucks 3 months is a long time and im hoping for the best but if all goes wrong i can fall back on another dream ive had for a long time and thats to build a chevelle or nova soo i guess i can be happy either way but id much rather be racing

Bah 3 months is nothing to heal up. It took me almost 2 years after my leg break.

Let it heal properly now and save yourself a lot of complications later. May be hard to do, but trust me it'll be worth the extra time in the long run.

JJs450r
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
ill be drinkin alot of milk and eatin pb n js

buck440
04-21-2009, 05:20 PM
there was that guy that had his quad lawn dart him in his back and paralysed half his body and he got back into racing...a little bone in your foot should be no big deal :) :macho

PhilMoore
04-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Be careful with broken bones like that. My little brother broke a chip off his elbow and it wouldn't heal because he kept abusing it.
Just let it heal right, you will be better off trust me.

exrider12
04-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Heal up fast bro:macho

Btw you got a sick bike.

JJs450r
04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
ya with the pain i feel just to go pee i dont plan on doing to much but heal thanks everyone

motofreak2772
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
take your time, a couple months down the road your probably going to want to ride and feel your ready but make sure that you can deffinatley handle it because if you jump into racing again another couple months later you could be revisiting this problem. If you wait then you probablywont ever have to deal with it again. just try to do what james stewart did by not racing for a while, now look at him... back on top.

SRH
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Bah 3 months is nothing to heal up. It took me almost 2 years after my leg break.

Let it heal properly now and save yourself a lot of complications later. May be hard to do, but trust me it'll be worth the extra time in the long run.

hahah thats what i was thinking , 3 months after i broke my back i was thinking...wait u mean theres people who are fine after 3 months and complain haha....and please, ull ride just fine with a bum ankle or foot, its not the end of the world

MX MaNiAc 06
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
You'll race again man. I broke my tibia so bad that if i had not been life-flighted it would have been amputated. I was told I'd never ride again. A year and a half later i cased an 80' double and shattered my femur.. in the same leg. My surgeon told me I shouldn't have been riding like that and I need to sell my quad.

Two metal rods and six screws in the same leg. I walk like an idiot but I can ride faster now than before I broke my femur. Rode all day Sunday jumping doubles 50 to 70 feet.

You'll race again, I promise. The docs just don't understand what kind of people we are. We're not 80..

JJs450r
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
lmao ya my doc is 60 or 70....sad thing is it happened at 10:30am saturday, and i didnt get to the hospital till 10pm that night :) the races were more important

muddy400EX
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
i think if you let it heal youll be fine to race. look the FMX guys and the injuries some of them have had, and there still out doing backflips and what not

JJs450r
04-22-2009, 06:26 AM
the only thing im worried about is the doc said the bone i broke sometimes dont heal all the way, and he said he has seen them not heal at all, so if it dont heal all the way and i come up hard on a landing then ill be out another 3 months, but yall all i can do now is sit back drink milk eat pb and js play xbox and get fat

JJs450r
04-22-2009, 06:55 AM
i almost go pink but the nurse talked me out of it crazy how pretty girls in scrubs can make you change your mind

Ryan
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
That sucks man. Just take as much time as you can for it to fully heal.. I always seem to start feeling better after an injury, go out 100%, and end up hurting myself again in the same place.

3 months won't be to bad, but I know it isn't easy. I stopped riding for 3 years due to 2 hurniated disks in my back... I feel it everyday of my life... I reslipped or strained the disk about a week ago and been on bedrest until today... And the past 6 months i've been having difficulty walking due to a torn tendon in my hamstring, or sciatica... Im not sure which one it is until I can get an MRI, but the pain shoots from my right buttcheek, right down into my foot. Doctor said theres a good chance I will need surgery because it hasn't been healing. I just gotta wait for my health insurance to kick in may 1st to go for the MRI.

It sucks not being able to get around well.. Just keep lots of ice and see if you can get some ultrasound therapy to help heal it quicker... But im not sure how that would work on a foot...