PDA

View Full Version : Just a survey I guess.

brodzowski
04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I ordered my new Honda steering stem from Honda of Troy on Sunday the 12th of April I'm receiving it April 22 according to ups. The auction on ebay said that it would ship within 3-5 business days and on the map I was in the 2 day zone. Ok, I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient to get my quad back together or if I have a right to be crabby about 8 business days and a total of 10 days not being exactly 3-5. I don't think I'm buying from there anymore. Not that they did anything wrong, just I think their ship time is misleading. I would have bought elsewhere. Or from YOU guys.

/endrant

bulloxerfan
04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
I ordered New Rims from them and got them in 4 days ordered new plastic and took 8 days so I can not complain about them I think they have good prices and fair shipping I order a lot from ebay and think they are on the plus side but that is just me to each is his own what maters the most is were u happy with the product?:ermm:

brodzowski
04-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Well the product isn't HERE yet, it comes tomorrow, but when you clearly state in your auction, 3-5 days and you hit the buy it now button.....doesn't your mind say ooook, I should have this BY Friday? Right? I mean if I ordered it sunday AND I'm in the 2 day shipping zone MAX should be Friday...right? I think so. So when I have to stumble around my tore down quad all weekend with no word or tracking and then call with very "short" people on the phone and find out it'll be here Wed? From last Friday's max? I dunno. I WOULD be happy if I knew it was going to take 10-14 days. If the auction said that....I'm forewarned. I think I'm being way too pissy about this. ugh. I just want my STEM!

drew416ex
04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I have also ordered several times from them and it took less than a week. Maybe they didnt have it in stock for some reason.

racerdan24
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Here is my 2 cents.....fleabay can be great for items but i have run into the same problem with other companys.

For instance....you hit the buy it now and it says it will be shipped within 3-5 business days. What is realllyyy taking place is the company is ordering the parts you bought on Ebay and then getting them shipped in from the distributor or parts warehouse they buy from....

1-3 days for those parts to get to them...then they are reboxing that item up and sending it to you.If the item you ordered is out of stock or shipped from another warehouse in that chain...then that adds time to your shipment....

get the picture....alot of these companys are doing internet business and sort of misleading us to believe these parts are on hand and in stock when 95% of the time they are not...

its called inventroy control....it is happening more and more at the dealer level so they do not have to stock as many parts. Hope that makes sense for ya......

bigd's ex
04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
X2 ^^^^^

honda400ex2003
04-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I have gotten my stuff in a week from honda of troy.. they are great people to work with in my opinion. they had two cams in the wrong boxes and the box was for the 400ex but the cam was not. They sent me the 2nd one which was the same type in the wrong box. they then sent a 3rd and it was right they were all overnighted and shipped back for free. steve

BossHogg420
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
ive had some nerfs take a couple extra days from troy...but thats how it goes if u need it right then call dont wait on ebay...itll never get there when u want it. also we i ordered it was when the country was low on oil and the shipping dates got all screwed up!

Wheelie
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
When I want Honda parts, I go to Service Honda. I've heard too many bad things about Honda of Troy and others.

gmoney
04-22-2009, 07:24 AM
If you ordered on Sunday, they will not get the order till Monday morning (business day). And they say 3-5 days to ship, means they don't have to box it up to ship till Friday. Ups doesn't do standard shipping on Saturday, so if they pick it up on Monday and you are in the 2 day zone you would get it on Wednesday.
While I understand you like everyone, including myself, wants the instant gratification of having your stuff right away. In this instance I don't think Troy did anything wrong. You are just being impatient.

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmoney
If you ordered on Sunday, they will not get the order till Monday morning (business day). And they say 3-5 days to ship, means they don't have to box it up to ship till Friday. Ups doesn't do standard shipping on Saturday, so if they pick it up on Monday and you are in the 2 day zone you would get it on Wednesday.
While I understand you like everyone, including myself, wants the instant gratification of having your stuff right away. In this instance I don't think Troy did anything wrong. You are just being impatient. [/QUOTE

lol, WRONG.
Not 3-5 days to get your **** together and get it in the mail. 3-5 days to get it shipped to your DOOR. International orders may take longer says the listing directly under it. Which means you get the order on Monday, you get your butt in gear and throw it in a box and give it to the UPS man which I'm sure shows up every day at that store and you honor your word on both what you SAY you're going to do and what your pretty little flow color chart there shows for the reading challenged. I was fine with it until I read that post. The guy above is dead on in my book. They probably had to order from Honda and then ship to me and I mistook that they had it in stock. I would believe that story before this twisting of the words. It should be here today anyway, I was just seeing what the general service rep of these guys was and it looks like everyone's been pretty happy with them so far, so perhaps I just had a slow part. I know that on the same day I bought Aarms and levers on Ebay and had them last Thursday, catchin my drift?

gmoney
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Honda of Troy's Ebay Terms of Sale:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms Of Sale:

This item will SHIP in 3-5 Business days.

It does not say you will have it in 3-5 days. You asked for peoples opinion, so don't be mad when you don't get the answers you want.

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 09:05 AM
You're really going to try and twist the meaning? Twice?

Ok, now post the WHOLE thing. No I will. Here ya go.

"This item will ship in 2-3 business days (Monday- Friday) after payment. US 48 states shipping time is shown in UPS map below. International shipping time is 5-8 days and can be up to 2-3 weeks with customs.
Please do not email questions, please call number in this listing for quickest response."

SO, now that we have the WHOLE story Mr. Twister, I would assume that your argument would be that it takes 5-8 days for an international order because the box is harder to make or???? No, 2-3 is the SHIP TIME, not the time it takes to get an order ready. How many people would have to check that box for customs in 2-3 weeks it takes to get it READY for shipping, huh? lol. No, I wasn't mistaken at what I read, and if they meant it the way you did, then they were misleading by following up with that information.

"It does not say you will have it in 3-5 days. You asked for peoples opinion, so don't be mad when you don't get the answers you want."

I meant to ask people's opinion on ordering from them, not if I can read an auction or not. Perhaps I was unclear.

04-22-2009, 10:28 AM
"This item will ship in 2-3 business days" means they will ship it within 2-3 days. You wont have it within 2-3 days.

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
So International orders take 5-8 days to go out their door and can take as long as 2 to 3 weeks to get shipped?

drew416ex
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
gmoney is right. When they say it will ship in 3-5 days, that means thats when it will leave their store, not get to your house. That 3-5 days also means business days which is mon-fri. So if the auction ends tuesday, it may not ship till the following monday.

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok, if I concede that THAT is what they meant then the following statements after it are misleading. Even SO, you guys aren't reading close enough. I was being generous. If you want specifics, read the line I put in there. It was directly from their auction. I KNOW what business days are.

I bought the stem on Sunday. MONDAY is a business day. The ad says will be shipped in 2-3 business days. The CHART on the auction has IOWA (me) from OHIO (them) as 2 days shipping. Therefor, even if you tally it up TOTAL, MAX....should be 5 days. According to what they wrote. 5 business days. Monday through Friday. At the latest, that would be Monday and many times I have gotten things at my business on Saturday, but LATEST according to their auction was Monday. Not Wednesday. Arguing about this is stupid. I wasn't asking if I read the auction right and this formula is what I used to come up with the 3-5 days in my head when I wrote the post. All I wanted to hear about was previous experience with them. According to the auction I purchased and the black and white they wrote in it I should have had it Friday and Monday at the latest.

04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I agree, you should have your product by now. Idk why were all arguing lol

brodzowski
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
lol, I got it, I got it! It's in my hand! heh. I'll get her put together tomorrow nite. Got darts and drinks tonite.

Brauap
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I won't ever buy anything from Honda/Yamaha of Troy ever again, unless I MUST!

They are located about 45 mintues from us, and I ordered a twist throttle assemb. from them. It took me 3 WEEKS TO RECIEVE IT! I now know never to buy anything from if I need it in a hurry.

ngates788
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
^^^ really cause ive bought from them several times and i believe the longest it ever took me to get something from them was 4 days maybe i just got lucky?? i dunno but ive had nothing but good to say about them.

Sanddraging28
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
i have had good luck with them in the past..