PDA

View Full Version : How do they???

54warrior
04-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Apply/Print/Adhere the camouflage patterns to ATV fenders?

Anyone know?

Raptor68
04-21-2009, 09:26 AM
On the Gander Mountain episode of American Chopper, the guys took the fenders and gas tank of the enduro bike they were building to a company called TarJac who applies those camo patterns. The graphics are printed on a special type of film that you place in water. As soon as the activator is sprayed on the film, it turns the film into this slimy goo. The part is then dipped in the tank and the graphics adhere to the part. The part is left to dry and clearcoated if necessary. TarJac also coats guns and bows in camo using the same type of process. I imagine this is how the ATV fenders are coated.

54warrior
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Raptor68
On the Gander Mountain episode of American Chopper, the guys took the fenders and gas tank of the enduro bike they were building to a company called TarJac who applies those camo patterns. The graphics are printed on a special type of film that you place in water. As soon as the activator is sprayed on the film, it turns the film into this slimy goo. The part is then dipped in the tank and the graphics adhere to the part. The part is left to dry and clearcoated if necessary. TarJac also coats guns and bows in camo using the same type of process. I imagine this is how the ATV fenders are coated.

Saw the episode, which is what inspired my question. hahaha. I do suppose that it is a similar process, was just curious though.

Thanks.