PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Help Asap

hutch08
04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone, new user here...

I recently picked up a 1998 Yamaha Warrior 350 for my girlfriend to ride, it was in good shape and just needed a good cleaning. The bike ran fine... until I took it to the car wash. Gave the bike a good hosing down, and since then it wont start. I fired it up right away and it ran for a minute or so then it died. Theres a brand new battery and starter. I also access to a 1994?? parts quad. The neutral light comes on, the main fuse is fine theres just no signal going to the starter solenoid. With the key ON, press the Start button and I get nothing in return. Main fuse is good, I tried swapping solenoids and relays but still nothing. I followed the troubleshooting guide in my manual, tested for continuity and the switches are good, theres power going to both relays, switches, solenoids, CDI etc... I cant find any broken wires so the only thing I'm left with is the possibility that a relay is busted, or the CDI. I dont know if it makes a difference but when i turn on the key the green relay clicks and feels kind of warm, but the white dosnt. Even when I bypass the starter solenoid with a screwdriver the motor will crank, but theres no spark from the plug. Can someone please help me here, Im lost and need this thing fixed ASAP...

Thanks,

MIKE

tw62t
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Take a test light to the push button and see if you get power when pushing it.
Take the battery cables off and clean them.

hutch08
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
battery connections are good, and theres power going to the switch (brown wire) , but when i press the switch I dont get power, but i get continuity (red/white) ????

keglassg
04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
check your park brake switch, jump those 2 wires together and see if that fixes your problem, thats a notorious problem on the warriors. if thats the case, just get rid of that crap

hutch08
04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
checked the park brake, still no go....

keglassg
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
sounds like you lost the stator then bud. thats the only other thing i can think of and thats a fairly common thing on them too. if you pull it off, your local dealer should be able to test it for ya, but the good news is that a new stator from ricky stator is not horrible expensive and it wont burn up like the stocker, but id put money on it being the stator went out on ya.