PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old dies in ATV accident in alberta.

Alberta_Qaudin
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok usually i don't post stuff like this, nor comment, but again i listen to radio and TV alike hit the trail running with stories like these. suddenly no one under 16 should be allowed to ride an ATV.

now first let me say no matter the circumstances this is a horrible story and i cant imagine the pain of the family and my heart goes out to them but, in this case, the boy was unsupervised, not wearing a helmet, and was pinned under the quad, which would lead me to believe we're not talking a 110cc or smaller machine.

this is such a sad story but such a preventable one. i have an 11 y/o niece, and a 6 y/o nephew both ride. my brother has a 110cc quad, 50cc mini and an 80cc mini bike, my nephew never touches any of them with out my brother either holding on to the back or even riding on with him, my niece rides alone, with safety gear and never out of eye sight, and when they are not on the machines, they do not have access to the keys. neither of them has ever seen any more bumps or bruises from this than they would from a bicycle, or anything else kids do for fun

i don't know the inside details of this story, and i will not condemn the parents because i don't know details but i hate the instant attack ATV's take from the people who know nothing about the safe operation of them.

my heart goes out to the family in this terrible tragedy, i just hate that every time you hear these stories rather than focusing on the young life, or life in general lost, the nay-sayers go right into how unsafe this sport i

that said, ride safe this season guys and lets hope these stories if nothing else can prevent more of these tragedies from happening

Pappy
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Sad story, but like so many others, very avoidable.

Giz400ex
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
At 10 years old, i would have my hawkeyes on still ! Sad story:(

F-16Guy
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
When I was growing up, we were never allowed to ride unsupervised. When the quads were parked, the keys were always out because my parents knew that if they left the keys in, they would get ridden, permission or not. Kids are kids, so parents have to be parents.