PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Banshee shock thing again

rigger
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Just to let you guys know what I just figured out.....

Got one of the guys off of the Banshee fourms to give me some measurements off of a stock Banshee rear shock.

With those measurements, that shock will not work out as a quick bolt on for a no link set up on a stock frame and swing arm.

The stock Banshee shock bolted directly to the swing arm would drop the back end of the R a little better than 4". So it would loose that just in ride height. And it appears that it would run into the stock air box and boot. So after I saw that, I did not even bother to measure out what the travel would have been.

So now that I have a little something to go off of, I am not going to persue any farther into the Banshee shock thing. This would not work as a quick bolt up. It might if you wanted to do some fabricating, but I dont think it would be worth it.

Derrick Adams
04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I think the shock you actually want is a Cannondale shock. Its a no-link shock by design and I believe its the right length. I will measure it up for you. I have one at the shop, so it should be easy enough to measure against the R. I was considering trying it on my R, but I dont want to fabricate an airbox to clear the shock.

rigger
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing and once I got something to work off of, that is when I slid my swing arm back on to see what it would really look like.

I will probably just stick with the stock set up. Keep my eyes open for a decent shock.