PDA

View Full Version : fueling a turbo 400ex?

uchi
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
so id like to turbocharge my o3 honda 400ex. the turbo plumbing pipe work isnt the issue at all. what is confusing me is how am i gonna fuel this ***** once the turbo goes on. so im wondering if theres a way to run an external boost dependant fuel delivery system of sorts or if id have to change over to a fuel injected setup. ive been searching google for 2 weeks, thought id ask here :)

uchi
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
ive been diging around, looks like a throttle body and computer with fuel injector setup is the way to go. but these things are damn hard to come by. anyone have any info on this?

zwark
04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
you may be able to manage getting a efi system off from another quad onto your 400ex. i have never heard of it being done, but it sounds rather interesting.

uchi
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
ive seen a handful of turbo 400s on youtube and there was even a writeup in an atv mag a while back about it but the mag is now offline for whatever reason. my understanding is that with the regular carb youll end up breaking things internally under boost so a blow through carb is needed. but i bet that an efi setup from a shop is gonna be worth close to a grand. here are a couple setups ive found for sale but i havent heard anything back about either. so im thinking if i dont go turbo i might just put a small shot of nitrous on it :D