PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent atv theft

GTRider256
04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Does anybody have any ideas on how to stop this? I have a chain that I chain my quads together and a Lock for the sprocket but I'm still worried

Sjorge450R
04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
take a front shock off or undo a tie rod.... or both on one side, that should give you time to catch up...

WilRideAnything
04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Insurance is good peace of mind.

jkiserracing
04-20-2009, 07:31 PM
big german shephard should work...

04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
not a lot you can do to completely stopping theft but you can sure slow them down. the tierod idea is pretty good trying to even move a quad with the wheels going everywhich way is hard. masterlock through a hole in the rotor they would have to cut it and thats the easiest thing to put on

zdowell
04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
just get insurance. I wish someone would steal my ****, I make out like a bandit if it were ever to get stolen. I pay like 10 bucks a month, and I would be comfortable parking it in my front yard.

JParisi48
04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
what company do you use for insurance? if its only 10 bucks a month!! i can afford that, i just got a new quad and theres a lot of thiefs around here!

DEERCHOOPER
04-21-2009, 04:07 AM
most of the things listed will keep the ohenst (sp) guy from taking it. if someone wants it bad enough all you will see is where it was once parked. i live in the city and i hate it, lol. i see ppl all the time running up and down the road and i know where most live because i see them. as mush as i want to run up and down the road i dont. i dont want to show off or show ppl what i have. 9 times out of 10, the only time ppl see my stuff is when im leaving or coming home with it on the trailer. it could be 130* outside and i will not open 1 of my garage doors because you can see what i got from the road/ sidewalk.

its a sad thing that your pride and joy might be someone elses some day because there arses and have nothing better to do.

jkiserracing
04-21-2009, 08:13 AM
i agree with that...i also dont get mine out for all the world to see........my neighbors know I have my quad but even when I clean it its in the rear of the house so its out of public view. When I work on it, its with the garage door closed.....

RATPACK Z400
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I live in subs and the city scum/drugdealers come here to steal quads/bike alot had 400ex brandnew payed in cash stolen in first 3mos i had it, then got 400z but I keep in shed with heavyduty chain that only torch can cut and installed my own alarm take car 12v battery(hide battery) wire light switch to it then to siren then drill hole in light switch tie string to switch then to door when door open siren goes off works awesome!

MikeHenders
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
They just came out with a GPS box $300 dollar a little pricey but you get software with it. Its $14 a month but WORTH IT! because when someone steals your bike with the GPS box(3in by 2in) hidden on your bike you can go on the internet to their website and it will tell you exactly were your bike is even if its moving. The software can be set up to e-mail you or call your phone the moment the GPS box detects movment without you permission. Then all you have to decide is visit budy yourself or call the cops!

Black R/T
04-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Tie her up to it \/

ALAMX37
04-21-2009, 10:48 AM
^ weight and head size?

I live in the country and we have a serious problem around here with things coming up missing. But Alabama has the castle law. You cant get in my house or shop without one of my pits freaking out, and if thats not enough to deter you then you should be ready for the .44 magnum . Meth is a serious issue where I live and I wont play any games, if you are on my property I am shooting to kill without asking any questions.

jkiserracing
04-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Black R/T
Tie her up to it \/

That dog right there should work just fine.........lol

hondaracing_13
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
How do you install the GPS? Do you have to have it installed or can you do it yourself. When I was in FL at MMI the big thing was people would buy a sport bike with Lojack already on it, later on the law found out this bike jacking ring had some guys working at the dealerships and were not hooking up the lojacks. Then they started unhooking them becouse they had the know how to do it.

MikeHenders
04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
The GPS system I am talking about is self powered its a small box all you have to do is hide it on your bike anywhere it comes with a charger the battery will last a pretty long time before recharging is needed. My bike is insured but im seriously thinking of getting one because I would love to show up at buddys house.

HERE IS THE SITE THE PRODUCT IS CALLED GPS SNITCH TRACK YOUR BIKE ANYWHERE IN REAL TIME.
www.gps-snitch.com

ALAMX37
04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
For fun my home defense system. When cops just cant get there fast enough you should be prepared to protect your property.
1st line of defense. Attack trained, very protective.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/bigjosh37/100_0497.jpg

If the dog wasnt enough then kablam.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/bigjosh37/100_0491.jpg

RATPACK Z400
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I wish I had dog ! was at pops house and he hates dogs ,with the gun issue in my state of MD they got to be in your home with weapon or threating your life to shoot them if there on property thats not cause and you will be charged with murder.they say if you shoot someone in MD you better drag him though door or its murder sucks for us and we have one of the highest murder rates living next to washington DC .Im sure you can figure why!

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Im shopping around for insurance right now, when in doubt insure it. Trust me i have plenty of guns and a pit, but when im not home, the dog is in the house not the garage???? So not much i can do then. I thought of anchoring it to the ground but doesnt take much to cut a chain,

Insure it!

Black R/T
04-22-2009, 02:54 AM
she is 82lbs 22inch head, 18inches tall. dropping pups in two weeks.

04-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Im shopping around for insurance right now, when in doubt insure it. Trust me i have plenty of guns and a pit, but when im not home, the dog is in the house not the garage???? So not much i can do then. I thought of anchoring it to the ground but doesnt take much to cut a chain,

Insure it!

Look on ebay or google kryptonite chains...

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
Look on ebay or google kryptonite chains...

Those are some pretty expensive chains,

OutCast
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I've got 4 of them chains, and they are worth every penny.

hypersnyper6947
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I believe it they look pretty BA, what do you use them on, or how

OutCast
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I originally used them on 3 atv's and a sand rail. I cut some 10" holes in my concrete in the garage and got some huge eye bolts and concreted them in the 10" holes, then I just chained them through eye bolts and it was as secure as I could get them.

This isn't the exact eye bolts I used cause the threads were longer. and all you need is the nuts on them, and bung the threads before you concrete them in.

http://img.en.china.cn/0/0,0,503,20393,640,480,dd0b3622.jpg

04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
park a car real close to the garage. if someone opened my garage they would probally say forget it. Even when I want to go riding theres so many things to move out of the way lol

RATPACK Z400
04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
You dont need the kryptonite chain I went to farmers suppy and got thick chain that can only be cut with torch spent $50 for 6ft of it and put hole in floor and put metal post 2x2x5ft with 1ft exposed in concrete .

big bad beny
04-23-2009, 06:11 AM
I usually take all of the plastic, gas tank, tires and wheels, and the skid plates off every time I wash it then I don’t put it back together till iam ready to go ride it. So it just sits in the garage tore apart all the time. People don’t wont to steel a quad that’s tore apart.

hondariderdylan
04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
i would say take the back wheels/tires off and put in a spot where you would have to carry it around somthing

maybe park it/ move some stuff in around it, and take a wheel off

just an idea:p

did hear a story about how when the grizzly 660 first came out, a guy had it in his garage parked in front of his cadilac deville

well when he was gone, a couple of big, brauny guys came up to his house, picked up the grizz and CARRIED it over the caddy
there were footprints on the hood and across the top along with tire marks where they set it down to rest

but then agian most people now adays arnt that determined:D