PDA

View Full Version : Devin Heimes and Cody Gibson battle!

quad2xtreme
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I have some really cool video footage from the Birch Creek National. Most of it is of the pro races but here is a great battle between Cody Gibson and Devin Heimes in Pro Am Production Moto #2.

Link to youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BjKksWhSLs)

Be sure to watch in HQ quality. Youtube is having difficulty converting my raw HD content so this is the best I can do for now.

I will post a few picture clips so you can see where Devin lost it.

gcart2
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
devin is out local hero.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
devin is our local hero.

He was putting up a mighty battle when he went sideways off the jump which forced him off the track.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
to this...

WhiteZee
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
would you mind posting what video camera you use, i love that footage. are you doing anything to help with youtube compressing your files?

quad2xtreme
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
would you mind posting what video camera you use, i love that footage. are you doing anything to help with youtube compressing your files?

It is a Sony HDR-SR12 with a neutral lens filter.

I used to be able to load native Sony footage to youtube but they aren't converting properly anymore. For today's video posts, I converted to MPEG2 format in high resolution and uploaded. You wouldn't believe how clear the video is when it is burned to a DVD in AVCHD format and played on a BluRay player that supports AVCHD. Of course, you need a high def television with either component (analog) or HDMI (digital) connections.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
BTW, slower motion video is absolutely amazingly crisp. The quads are moving so fast and the video camera is trying to keep everything in focus. It isn't quite like a camera where you can use pinpoint focus and leave everything else blurry. There is no way you could keep up with the action trying to manually focus either.

I am sure the $5-7k video cams do a much better job. I picked this one up for about $800 from buydig.com.

dehner47
04-21-2009, 07:46 AM
wow. thats some good racing. looks like that dude devin is a bit fast then cody from what i've seen in that clip. you dont see many guys keeping cody gibson honest. look how hard cody's working to get around devin. he's man handling that 450 and using every inch of that track to try making a pass. would of loved to see what happened if dude didn't get kicked off sideways.

quad2xtreme
04-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
wow. thats some good racing. looks like that dude devin is a bit fast then cody from what i've seen in that clip. you dont see many guys keeping cody gibson honest. look how hard cody's working to get around devin. he's man handling that 450 and using every inch of that track to try making a pass. would of loved to see what happened if dude didn't get kicked off sideways.

It was awesome racing. Devin battled like that for several laps just ahead of Cody. When Cody made the pass, I thought that was it then Devin passed him again. There are some large whoops in front of that jump where Devin went sideways and lost it. As a fan, I don't care if Cody or Devin wins...just as long as they put on a good show. Either of these riders would get to participate in most of the pro races.

Byrd, Weinen, and Wimmer battled like that in both Pro motos so that was exciting too. John Natalie was right there too. I would put up some video of the pro race but quadmagazine.com will do a great job. They had 3 or 4 professional video camcorders surrounding the track.