PDA

View Full Version : ELKA Shocks w or w/o rebound adj.???

07black400ex
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm about to buy a set of ELKA front shocks for my EX. If you have a set with or woithout rebound can you give me some feedback? If you have the rebound adjustment, how much do you actually mess with it and how much of a difference does it make? If you have a set without it do you regret not getting it? Thanks for your help and input.

400exMO
04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I have elka trip. rates comp/preload adj. and do not miss rebound. If you get them setup correctly by the builder the rebound should be close enough to perfect for an average rider. If you can justify the extra money though, it's a nice feature.

Wheelie
04-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I've got Elka Dune Edition w/o rebound and I don't miss it one bit. I installed the shocks as they were when they came out of the box. They work great as is, a DRASTIC improvement over stock. No adjustments have been made to the shocks to date, and I have no intention of touching them in the near future.

I'm very happy with the shocks, and don't regret my purchase. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy the same shocks.

trailrider894
04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
if the time arrises where you can get w/rebound do it. i love having the ability to change that on my quad. i race mx and xc and i love being able to change the rebound between the two and even when i dune ride it is so much nicer to have the abiblity to change your rebound!!!