PDA

View Full Version : E-Ton 90R 4-stroke

PoorBoyz
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I have a 2008 E-Ton 90R 4-stroke and for some reason it acts like it is starving for air or fuel. I recently had the carb cleaned, thinking it was dirty, but that didn't fix it. It will start, idle some, and will go, but you have to play with the throttle. If you just push the throttle real quick, it starves itself and dies. Can anyone give me any other ideas to try? I also removed the Spark Arrestor thinking maybe it was clogged.

Another thing, I was told by a friend that on the mini's if you leave gas in the carb, it will corrode the jets and that I should turn the gas off and drain the bowl before parking it. Any truth to that?

PoorBoyz
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Took the Eton to a local dealer to my area (Brown's Cycle Shop in Hillsboro, OH). Dude seemed to know what he was doing and it was a reasonable price. He performed a couple tasks before entering the carb and nothing fixed it. He started on the carb and cleaned it and such and still no luck. He ended up calling Eton directly and they stated that do to the good ol' EPA Standards, they had to lean out the 90 4-strokes so much that the jetting was causing issues with them running. He ended up putting 1 size bigger jet in it and now the thing runs 100x better than it did brand new.