PDA

View Full Version : stock jug/sleeve

enantrx
04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Do you guys think its ok for me to run the R w/the bridge being like this? I just put brand new pyramid reeds in and i noticed they had a small chip on one petal, just wondering if its from the bridge or what....thanks.

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/en...rrent=250r1.jpg

C-LEIGH RACING
04-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Page not found, what it said.

No pic, but I can guess what your talking about.
Bridged cracked on the intake side ??.
If the sleeve is cracked on one of the bridges or both, dont run the cylinder.
If it is the aluminum part of the bridge thats cracked, you can carefully chip that out trying not to damage the back side of the sleeve.
Might make a little bit of difference in performance & then again it may not even be noticed.

If its the sleeve, NO, dont run it.
Neil

86 Quad R
04-22-2009, 10:18 AM
i'm in agreement with neil. i've actually pulled one down for a re-fresh that had damage to the cylinder side(aluminum) that ran fine. if the damage is on the aluminum and you know someone that knows his way around welding. you could have it welded.

btw: i cannot see the pic either. :confused:

enantrx
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
hey sorry guys..i copied it from the other site so i dont know why it didnt work..but here it is again and thanks for the replies. I think im gonna run it a couple times since it is just the aluminum and not the sleeve. Hey Neil..i sent you a PM on the other site.

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/enantrx/?action=view&current=250r1.jpg

All250R
04-22-2009, 11:24 AM
It looks like somebody just decided it was better to have a flat bridge face than a radiused one... :confused:

jhtrx250r
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Looks like some one put a big bor sleeve in it.
They all look like that unless you weld in a new intake bridge when you add the larger sleeve

Is it a big bore ?, what size is the piston ?

enantrx
04-22-2009, 05:14 PM
damn im slippin up big time.....yes it is a big bore...on its last bore. I completely forgot the details of this motor since i hardly run it. Hopefully its ok for me to run it like that...cuz all my other motors need to be resleeved and i have a race this weekend. Thanks for all the input guys.

mfr422
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I have one that's the same way, 300 resleeve, asked about it before putting it together and was told they almost always break off like that when being resleeved. No problems, run it!!

C-LEIGH RACING
04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Ok, that pic worked.

Keep in mind though, any time you get aluminum that thin, good chance it will crack from viberation so keep a check on that area.
If it breaks off, :eek: , well, you already know what that could cause.
Neil